Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2017 10:15:17 PM EDT
I have a 1965ish blued 4" Python. Unfortunately, my uncle switched out the grips on it and when I inherited it, I didn't know to ask about the grips. I'm looking for period correct grips. I'd appreciate any leads as to where to find them and as to what price they can be had for.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#1]
There are some on ebay.  You'll pay at least $200.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Does a Python with factory grips command a price above what the frame itself and the cost of replacement grips equal? In other words, if I wanted to sell this Python, would I net more by going ahead and adding the grips, or would I be just as good to sell it as is without the factory grips?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does a Python with factory grips command a price above what the frame itself and the cost of replacement grips equal? In other words, if I wanted to sell this Python, would I net more by going ahead and adding the grips, or would I be just as good to sell it as is without the factory grips?
View Quote
Probably not. The grips weren't serialized like S&W Magnas, so probably doesn't matter. But I'm not sure.

And if you're an honest seller, you won't sell them as original to the gun if you're sure they're not, sooooo.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a set of factory grips for my anaconda.  But they were only like $50-60.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#6]
CDNN used to have factory Colt grips for Pythons....
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I fent. Have a set of the gen 2 grips which should be correct for this 1965 Python. It's a 4 inch model with honest holster wear but overall in very good condition. What's a ballpark for its value? Can take some pics and email to anyone who can give some insight.

Background is kind of interesting... it was purchased by a friend of my grandparents and given to my uncle before he deployed as a helicopter pilot to Vietnam. Supposedly he carried it with him as a sidearm throughout his three deployments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top