Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2017 9:22:28 PM EDT
I've been thinking about getting a model 14-?? for Distinguished Revolver and I noticed that VZ makes some very nice looking grips (linked below) for these guns.  Does anyone have any experience with them?  I really like painful grips and VZ seems like the ticket there.

Alternatively, does anyone have any other grip suggestions?

https://vzgrips.com/pistol-grips/smith-wesson/k-l-frame/square-bottoms/k-frame-sq-tactical-diamonds/k-l-frame-tactical-diamond-black-gray-square-bottom-g10
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a set on a 66 that I shoot PPC with. I like them, they are grippy to say the least.

Overall I can't say they are my favorite grips I have ever felt on a revolver, but they look really good and they are growing on me.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#2]
What are your current favorite grips for comparison?
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:31:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Grips you Linked in OP but on a an old gun of mine

The exact grips you linked in the OP are on a model 64 I bought thinking it was a rarer 2 inch then realized it had been re barreled.  My local shop (FB Page) bought it from me and transformed it into something I wanted to buy back lol!  Clcik on the pictures section and it's not to far down.  the VZ grips are beautiful but a little rough on the texture but I'm not holding the gun all day so it wouldn't matter to me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve made Harry Reeves and am one finish away from DR with a 14-4 sporting the typical Hogue rubber grips. I just had a buddy get a set of G10s. They felt grippy in the hand, but I didn’t have an opportunity to shoot with them.

Grip and confidence are so important in pistol competition. If you don’t like the VZs, I’m sure they’d sell easily.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, every serious Semi-Auto I have except for my CZ 97B... all wear VZ grips of some sort. However, for my "J", "D", and "N" frame revolvers... all of them sport [Altamont's] "Combat" or "Altai's" in either Rosewood or Walnut. They all present very well, don't snag upon our bunch up on my clothing, and most importantly they fit my hands like a well worn glove. I am thinking of adding just a piece of bicycle inner tube to my "Woods Carry" 625 "N" frame pictured below however because I sweat more than the average bear outdoors; but it's finally cooling off in Georgia so maybe not until Spring. Check out Altamontco.com's options as well. It's nice to have a solid set of stocks on serious use revolver. I've even carried the J's simultaneously, one strong side pocket in a "Nemisis", the other @ 4:00 in a Galco. They work really well in tandem actually... Think CVS runs before closing time for cough medicine for the wifey or kid(s)...

Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#6]
My favorite grips are Smith target grips.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Have a pair on my both my model 10 & 15.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Top, on my 686 L frame square butt, I can explain how much I like them, feel great
Bottom, on my 617, round butt, suck balls, changed to a Hogue monogrip
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 3:12:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the pics.  I think I'll be getting some if and when I get that revolver!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top