Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2017 3:39:17 PM EDT
Had never really given this cartridge much thought until I bought a .460mag. I was impressed by it so much that I no longer have the .460.

This cartridge is an absolute hog/game hammer, even with the mid range loads. The more I shoot these the more I like them.

Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The extra scope ring speaks volumes

Noice
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The extra scope ring speaks volumes

Noice
View Quote
Yes, yes it does. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Dang dude, steak knives????  

Nice cannons.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Why did you choose to offload the .460 in favor of the .454? I have long wanted a .454, but when I saw the .460 come out, I changed my mind as I liked the option of the .460.

Just interested, as I always thought the .460 would be for me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why did you choose to offload the .460 in favor of the .454? I have long wanted a .454, but when I saw the .460 come out, I changed my mind as I liked the option of the .460.

Just interested, as I always thought the .460 would be for me.
View Quote
To be honest, weight, pistol size and recoil. The 460 I had was close to 7lbs scoped. Why not just carry a rifle? I wanted something much lighter and compact. Recoil seems about equal from full house .454 and 460 when comparing the weights of the guns (the 460 being a lot heavier). I will say the 454 seems snappier.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#6]
That ruger toklat made me finally get into 454 casull as well as 45 colt.  I was sticking to 44 mag and 44 special til I ran into a toklat in person.

I always wanted a cut down super redhawk and I just considered the snubby alaskan version to be cut down too much.

Only a desert eagle in 44mag and the big frame s&w 500 revolver made me think about them just being made for someone way bigger than me when I handled em.  Just seemed way to big to be something I would ever carry or use at all.

A super redhawk is a chunk of steel, but it is more realistic to me and a toklat is sized reasonable for a belt holster.

Still getting set up to reload for it, cause dang is ammo expensive.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That ruger toklat made me finally get into 454 casull as well as 45 colt.  I was sticking to 44 mag and 44 special til I ran into a toklat in person.

I always wanted a cut down super redhawk and I just considered the snubby alaskan version to be cut down too much.

Only a desert eagle in 44mag and the big frame s&w 500 revolver made me think about them just being made for someone way bigger than me when I handled em.  Just seemed way to big to be something I would ever carry or use at all.

A super redhawk is a chunk of steel, but it is more realistic to me and a toklat is sized reasonable for a belt holster.

Still getting set up to reload for it, cause dang is ammo expensive.
View Quote
No doubt on the ammo. These guys forced my hand back into reloading.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:52:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Which do you find more comfortable to shoot? The Blackhawk, or the Redhawk?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top