Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2017 10:30:58 PM EDT
So, theoretically, if you owned serial number "1" of the series, but don't own guns to sit them in the safe, but to shoot them, what would you ask for it?... Talking about serial number one in the 3rd series  (total of 450ish...  last series had 125.

This is the gun (not mine)

HERE
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly? Less than that ad was asking. "Manufactured" rarity is not rare.

Its neat.. but its not worth $3000, especially if its been used/fired/enjoyed. To many shooters its no different than a low serial number collector rifle with john wayne on it, or another "america the beautiful" 1911. M2C anyways...
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately this is what prelock 627 8 shooters go for on GunBroker nowadays.  Sellers know you're probably not going to run across one in a random pawn shop.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:32:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd love a S&W 8 shot 357, but even the new ones are out of my reach for now. I can't imagine spending $2K+ OVER msrp just to not have the hillary hole. I'll just disable the lock whenever I do get one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I payed $850 for a S&W 627 PC with the internal lock back in 2013 right before USPSA changed the equipment rules for Revolver division.  It was not new but pretty close to new. Only a few hundred rounds though it and never carried.

I would not be interesting in the OP's 627 simply due to the short barrel.  I have zero use for an N-frame with that short of a barrel.  If it has a 4 or 5 inch barrel I would probably go $1000-$1200 since it does not have the lock.  Might go a touch higher if it was u-nfired.  I would not be buying it to collect but to shoot competitively so being 1 of 125 would not mean anything to me.  I have very few if any safe queens.

ETA: just noticed the unfluted cylinder.  You would have to roll up eight $100 bills and put one in each chamber and then I might pay you $800 for it.  God I hate unfluted cylinders...  
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<snip>
ETA: just noticed the unfluted cylinder.  You would have to roll up eight $100 bills and put one in each chamber and then I might pay you $800 for it.  God I hate unfluted cylinders...  
View Quote
Since the actual Bloodwork revolver had a fluted cylinder, the one in the OP, IMO, is not a Bloodwork gun.
I realize I'm most likely in a minority on this point, but that's, like, my opinion, man.

To mcb's point, there are some revolvers that an unfluted cylinder looks okay, but this isn't one of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top