Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2017 9:10:05 PM EDT
Who would folks recommend to do a S&W trigger job? This would be on a model 14 for PPC shooting.  Pennsylvania area would be nice but not essential.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Trigger job on model 14 are done by Clark custom guns in Louisiana. They did both of my guns and I am very satisfied with their work. They have a web site and their prices are posted.Rod
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:18:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trigger job on model 14 are done by Clark custom guns in Louisiana. They did both of my guns and I am very satisfied with their work. They have a web site and their prices are posted.Rod
View Quote
Getting hard to findeople competent on revolvers- might try cylinder and slide ?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I was on Cylinder and Slide's website yesterday and they still have it up that they are booked out 12 months.  But every time I've been on their website over the course of years I've seen that.  So I don't know what the truth is.

I would THINK you could find someone local. Smith revolvers are still pretty prevalent around here.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't know anyone still ran PPC matches.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Frank Glen in Arizona.  Don't know his lead times though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Mark Hartshorne at Pinnacle High Performance. He has done mild work for myself and friends. I have handled some of his more extensive work at local ICORE matches. All is top quality.

http://pinnaclehighperformance.com/
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]
John Blauvelt, Milford PA.
www.jcbgunsmith.com
Does excellent work and good prices.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Call Cylinder & Slide - they will shorten the turn around time for LEO weapons - which you obviously are if you're shooting PPC.  They had my open revolver back to me in about 2 weeks when I needed the timing fixed.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#9]
For an initial PPC or if you are working on your Distinguished Badge with a stock M-14, just send it to the Performance Center at S&W. You can find plenty of very good used PPC guns out there for very reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't know anyone still ran PPC matches.
View Quote
I'm not 100% sure about the old official PPC format, but the link is below.  They don't shoot out to 50 yards but it is prone, sitting, kneeling, left and right hand barricade.  The course of fire is at the link below.    I kind of like it because it's sort of halfway between an actual action pistol match and bullseye.

http://www.bvrpc.org/combatleague.html
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks everybody!
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks everybody!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top