Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2017 10:06:46 PM EDT
I did a trigger job on my GP100 and it is so much better now. I put about 120 rounds through it today at the range. The hogue monogrips I have on there are too big fore my hands though. The circumference is a little large so I have a harder time getting a really firm grip and the finger grooves don't really line up for me.

I am thinking about getting the checkered Altamont grips. Does anyone have experience with these? They look pretty decent for the money. They looks much smaller too.

Any other grips I should consider?

Here's a pic of my GP100 currently.

Attachment Attached File

Here's the altamont grips.

Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually started thinking about it and found the original grips that I forgot I had. They look and feel pretty good, even if they are kinda slick. They are the old 2 pice style.

I looked up the serial number and found the gun was made in 1987, same year I was born. I'm enjoying the GP100 with the slicked up trigger.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree..... the original Lett 2 piece grips are the only ones I'd have on a GP100.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#3]
check out ahrends grips. you can thank me later
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:07:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Original Lett Grips
Compact Lett Grips
Hogue 80010 (no finger grooves)

All are great options that take advantage of Ruger's grip stud. Wood grips may be Urdu but don't soak up recoil like the above three grips.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a set of Altamounts on my GP100, and love them.

Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
check out ahrends grips. you can thank me later
View Quote

Ahrends doesn't make grips to fit a Ruger GP100
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I actually started thinking about it and found the original grips that I forgot I had. They look and feel pretty good, even if they are kinda slick. They are the old 2 pice style.

I looked up the serial number and found the gun was made in 1987, same year I was born. I'm enjoying the GP100 with the slicked up trigger.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/418171/2017-03-04-11-158662.JPG
View Quote

For shooting stiff loads I find the original 2 piece rubber/wood grip feels most comfortable for my GP100 and SP101.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:49:29 AM EDT
[#8]
The Pachmayr Diamond Pro grips fit my hands like a glove, and help with the pointability of my GP100.

I had Hogue grips on the pistol, but I didn't like the feel.

G.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:12:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I wish that Pachmayr made their American Legend grips for the GP100, they would be a great option.  Instead I love the "old" style like the Altamont, you can even buy the compact version now from Ruger which haven't been available for a long time.

This is my Wiley Clapp GP100, they grips are fantastic.  I don't mind the Hogue grips myself but I do like these better.

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wish that Pachmayr made their American Legend grips for the GP100, they would be a great option.  Instead I love the "old" style like the Altamont, you can even buy the compact version now from Ruger which haven't been available for a long time.

This is my Wiley Clapp GP100, they grips are fantastic.  I don't mind the Hogue grips myself but I do like these better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/Brandiwynter/IMG_0105_zpscf0fbe40.jpg
View Quote
I think Altamont makes them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 3:56:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think Altamont makes them.
View Quote

Pretty sure you're right.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#12]
The problem I'm having with the stock grip is it interferes my safariland speedloaders.

Do the altamont grips have more clearance?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Altamont makes just the wood inserts for the original Ruger rubber grip.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:46:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The problem I'm having with the stock grip is it interferes my safariland speedloaders.

View Quote
 I've never tried the Safariland speedloaders so I don't know.  I use HKS speedloaders with my GP100 and there's plenty of room.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:55:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Safariland CompII's and JetLoaders work fine with Lett style grips (standard or compact).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top