Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2017 3:59:22 AM EDT
So this is the 2nd Charter Arms .22LR Pathfinder model I have come across in my life. The first had a barrel missing the last inch of rifling for an unknown reason. It was determined that is was worth $50 in that condition. This one is beautiful inside and out. Any one know how the quality was on Charter Arms firearms back in the 1970's? Did they use quality forged parts back then? What would this example be worth today? Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Own two Charters from that era, an Undercover and a Bulldog.  Nice stuff.   Not Smith or Colt nice but solid guns for the money.  A Pathfinder is on my "list".
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Own two Charters from that era, an Undercover and a Bulldog.  Nice stuff.   Not Smith or Colt nice but solid guns for the money.  A Pathfinder is on my "list".
View Quote

Appreciate the info! Any idea what the value is on this gun? I was thinking of buying it from the owner and not sure what a fair price would be.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Appreciate the info! Any idea what the value is on this gun? I was thinking of buying it from the owner and not sure what a fair price would be.
View Quote

300-ish.  Maybe 350 for a really nice one.  They don't turn up very often.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an old 3" bbl .38 with original holster. Anyone know what that would be worth??

Bought a Mag Pug .357 and LOVE it. Had to buy a .22 so got pathfinder. waiting on a .44 special bulldog. Very impressed with Charter Arms. I know they had some quality issues several years ago however they have great products now. Compared the trigger pull of my Mag Pug with a S&W .357. The Charter Arms won. Cant beat the quality for the price!

Huck
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a 70s model 3" blued Bulldog in .44 Special.  It ain't for sale.  Its my woodsroaming gun with first two rounds shotshells and then Lee 240 gr hardcast SWC.  Both under Unique.

CD
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 1:02:20 AM EDT
[#7]
This is the second early-model Bulldog I've owned. The first, a blued model, I owned back in the late '80's- early '90's. Ex-wife sold that one (just one of many reasons she's EX). Found this in a LGS a few years back, and it will not escape me this time!

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Those 22 caliber Pathfinders from the 70's are superb kit guns.
Well made and reliable. Also, hard to find nowadays.

You can shoot it with confidence as much as you want.
Don't sell it.

G.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got my .44 special Bulldog, could no be happier! cant wait to shoot it!
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:44:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just got my .44 special Bulldog, could no be happier! cant wait to shoot it!
View Quote

Please post range report and pics (if possible!!)
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Charter Arms Bulldog Classic

Middle Tennessee's own Hickok45 just posted this earlier, something for you Bulldog fans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top