Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2001 11:30:14 AM EDT
Thoughts on Ruger P90 if you please.  Picked one up, used, at the last show.  Have run about a 100 rounds thru so far.

Gun has potential.  Seems to shoot as well as I do.  DA is excellent, SA a bit creepy but nice and light.  Prior owner had installed adjustable sites on it.  Going to run it in the IDPA match this weekend.  

It's a big ol chunk of gun, but most Rugers are. No, it's not as nice as a SIG or HK, but I only spent about half a SIG price tag for it.  And please don't tell me to get a Glock in 45, I can barely get two hands around one of those things let only one.  

Let's hear from you all.

Link Posted: 11/9/2001 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Love mine. I got the Kp90d. Stainless and ALuminum. For the price, it's hard to beat!

Mine shoots low though...no really, IT shoots low for everyone.

It's a load of steel, but if you run out of ammo, it's STILL a weapon.

Good luck at the match!
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#2]
P90 is great.  Have had one for years.  I also have Sigs as well as several more Rugers.  The Sig is the best, but dollar for dollar, you can't beat a Ruger at half the price of an almighty Glock.  Snobs.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 5:27:22 AM EDT
[#3]
LarryG,

"snobs"  That's funny.

I have had many Ruger firearms over the years, and never had any problems with them. My KP90 is only a couple of months old, and I really like it. My 13 yr old daughter shot it yesterday. Just two rounds at a 10 yd sihouette.
She went for the head shot. First round==between the eyes, 2nd (anticipated the recoil) in the throat....

I thought it was pretty cool since it is only the 2nd time she ever shot a pistol in her life...
She then put two from my bride's p95 in the head of my bride's target.
When you reattach the slide after cleaing or stripping, does the spring post stick out a bit until you rack it once? It always goes back fine, but sticks out initially on mine? As soon as I rack it, all is cool....just wondering
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Ruger makes fine pistols. I've owned a P89 for two years and have never had a problem with it. Acurate and reliable. Just recently I bought an HK USP, but that was $700. For $300 the P89 was a deal. Hope you enjoy your P90.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

When you reattach the slide after cleaing or stripping, does the spring post stick out a bit until you rack it once? It always goes back fine, but sticks out initially on mine? As soon as I rack it, all is cool....just wondering

My Rugers do that sometimes and so do my Sigs.  One rack of the slide lets everything seat where it is supposed to.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I've shot the P90 and the P89--I definately like the P90 better than it's 9mm counterpart.  My P89 shoots just a tad to the left, about a half inch at 15 yards.

The last time I shot my friend's P90 I took my Springfield 1911.  From my end they both shot the same.  It's a fairly competent gun, easy to field strip and clean, simple to operate.  Well worth the money in my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top