Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 2:59:52 PM EDT
My new MKll arrived and I've wiped down the outside and cleaned what I could without field stripping.  With all the talk on ar15 about how hard it is to disassemble and reassemble I've been reluctant to do so for initial cleaning purposes.  Woul you go ahead and take it to the range for break in shooting, then give it a good cleaning.  Or should I go ahead and try to field strip, clean and reassemble.  Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is a MKII go ahead and take it apart, just follow the instructions in your manual to the letter. If it is a MKIII the instructions are incorrect, call ruger and they will send new ones. John. PS after a few times it is easy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
mushoot:  Thanks John.  I cleaned it today.  Disassembly went well.  Had a bit of a time getting thehammer strut lined up right on assembly.  Once I figured it out it went well too.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top