Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2017 9:46:21 AM EDT
Does anyone know who offers a replacement/enhanced trigger for the LC9? Checked Apex Tactical and Galloway already and they don't offer anything.
I'm picking up a used LC9 and pretty sure I will want to replace the trigger or if anyone knows of some tips on improving the trigger that would be great.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
You are not getting replies, because there is no real replacement, that is why Ruger had the big trade-in for a LC9s.  I have a LC9 and a LC9s Pro and yes I really like the LC9s Pro.  It does not have the external thumb safety and unfortunately does not have the loaded chamber indicator either.   I kept my LC9 as they were only going to offer me $75 for it.  You must take your time, keeping the front sight still on target and pull, pull, pull, pull that long trigger pull, but you will be rewarded with accurate hits and as you spend more time on the trigger you will get faster while maintaining accuracy.  It is long but smooth.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Ran across this site today. Came here looking for reviews.

LC9 Trigger Sprint Kit

The other option is the Gallaway kit.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies guys. It isn't that bad of a trigger, now that I have it in my hands. I think I can deal with it as it will be a backup.
The Galloway set looks nice, but not for $100.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:23:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree the spring kit lowering the pull by two pounds sounds like a good deal to me.  I just ran across this trigger for the LC9s (or LC9s Pro) from Powder River and I bought one, I will eventually have it in and shooting.  I probably don't need it, but I have Powder River triggers for the wife and my Mod 2 XD's and like the company.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw the Fort Wayne Tactical LC9 Trigger Spring kit mentioned in this thread, so I thought I would give it a try.

http://www.fwtac.com/ruger-lc9-trigger.html

So I just installed it today taking advantage of a March snow day in the northeast.  Since there is a foot of snow on the ground and my cars are still buried I have not shot it yet.  Dry firing the trigger pull does feel lighter.  I installed the lighter 6lb hammer spring as well as the trigger return spring and firing pin spring that are included. Kit also comes with a 7lb spring.  Took the opportunity to do a detailed cleaning on both the frame and slide.  I pocket carry this gun a lot so there was lint in areas that I do not normally get to when cleaning.  Will try to report back after I have had a chance to shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a kit from Fort Wayne for the LC9 and a LCP Gen2 (Mine is a Custom) I am done with the LCP Custom, which I always liked, now I like it more.  I added a Hogue Handall to the grip also.  I am almost done with the LC9, but lost a pin...I'm such a klutz. so bought one from Ruger, should be here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I finally got a chance to shoot my LC9 today that I had installed a Fort Wayne Tactical trigger spring kit in.  The gun ran fine.  No light primer strikes.  I ran some Federal 115g fmj and some Remington 124g Golden Sabre HP through it.  I installed the 6lb hammer spring, trigger reset spring, and firing pin return spring.  The trigger pull is definitely lighter.  I not sure if it made me shoot any better but I feel like I was able to get back on target faster for double taps.  Will need some more range time with it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I found my pin when I got the spare, the way it goes I guess.  I flubbed mine so I will have to dismantle and try again.  Feel like the "Wizard of Oz" and wish I had a brain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top