Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2017 2:25:24 PM EDT
I have a New Vaquero in .357 that's four or five years old and has the barrel warning on the bottom of the barrel.

My question is do some New Vaqueros have the warning up on the side of the barrel? I thought I had seen some pictures where it was but I'm not sure.

I might be sending mine back to Ruger where a possible barrel swap could happen and the thought of having that warning up on the side is enough to make me not send it in.

Ruger isn't open today so I'm asking y'all.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#1]
They did produce some NV's with the warning on the side of the barrel. I believe these were the early models, when they were transitioning from the original Vaquero. I have four NV's. Two of them are in the 510 series prefix serial numbers and one has the warning on the side of the barrel and the other has the warning on the bottom of the barrel. My other NV's both have the warning on the bottom. One is a 511 series and the other is a 512 serial number prefix.

The top on is 510-1**** and the next one is 510-9****:

Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They did produce some NV's with the warning on the side of the barrel. I believe these were the early models, when they were transitioning from the original Vaquero. I have four NV's. Two of them are in the 510 series prefix serial numbers and one has the warning on the side of the barrel and the other has the warning on the bottom of the barrel. My other NV's both have the warning on the bottom. One is a 511 series and the other is a 512 serial number prefix.

The top on is 510-1**** and the next one is 510-9****:
View Quote

Thanks for the reply.

Those are some beautiful handguns you have.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply.

Those are some beautiful handguns you have.
View Quote

Thanks!

Another interesting note is that both of the 7-1/2" guns are chambered in .45 Colt and are marked as "New Vaquero's", while the 4-5/8" and the 3-3/4" guns are chambered in .44 special and are marked as "Vaquero's" even thought they are built on the smaller NV frame.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top