Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Three Kimbers, a Custom II, a CDP and an Ultracarry, and no problems with any of them.  I'd buy another in a heartbeat (actually probably within a month).
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Three Kimbers, a Custom II, a CDP and an Ultracarry, and no problems with any of them.  I'd buy another in a heartbeat (actually probably within a month).

Have they been heavily used?
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So what we've established is THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING KIMBER CAN DO TO MAKE  YOU HAPPY IN THIS STITUATION.  Therefore, the experiences of any other Kimber owners mean NOTHING to you and you will continue to troll Kimber threads, correct?

I believe you are correct.

Who is that babe in your Avatar?
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have they been heavily used?

4K through the Custom, 2600 through the CDP and 900+ through the Ultracarry.   If anything major was going to show up in the first two I'd think it would have by now.  The Ultracarry is not as flexible as to the ammo it likes, but I don't consider that a problem, since HydraShok is good with it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
No problems for me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 5:45:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#7]
VERY exciting slam-fires (doubles) from my stainless 10.  Kimber replaced the trigger group free of charge and I haven't had any problems (yet).  Still need to be convinced the pistol is reliable...slam fires are nasty in a .45.  I've got to admit, tho, Kimber custom shop support was pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had a Custom Target for some years with almost no problems.  It will feed any factory ammo but will occasionally fail to fully chamber some crappy D&J lead 225 gr bullets that bleed lube into the chamber.   I sent it back shortly after I got it to have the trigger lightened and cleaned up, which they did promptly with no charge.  It has the internal extractor and rubber grips which feel great.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a tactical II with internal extractor with over 4000 rounds threw it. I had one day where I had multiple FTF and FTE but my Glock 21 did the same thing. It turned out to be a bad batch of American Eagle ammo.
I've noticed people having problems when;
1) They don't clean their gun
2) They use CLP to clean it
3) They use reloads
4) They don't have a firm grip so the gun doesn't cycle

As for the person who mentioned a Glock. There is a thread in the Glock Forum where everybody is scared that their .40 or .45 Glock is going to explode.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Had a series 1 Pro Carry, which was nothing but a problem. Failed to feed and/or extract 3-4 rounds a mag. The casings that would eject would normally come back and ricochet off my forehead. Sold it rather quickly.

Gave Kimber a second chance with my TLE II. Only problem I had was contributed to a poor choice in magazine selection (Lumpy & Hawkeye helped me straighten that out, thanks again!) Run nothing but Wilson's through it now. 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#11]
What mags were you using?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What mags were you using?

Other than the factory mag, I had a few Mec-gars (which have always worked 100% in my Sig. Lesson learned)
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#13]
First Kimber just bought last week. Wiped it down, swabbed out the barrel and shot 200 rounds through it with 1 FTF. It was a slide bumper that I hardly noticed. Gave it the acid test with a mag full of ashtrays and it ate them up just fine. I was immediatly impressed with the accuracy. The Mepro sights are nice and they aquire well even with my blind eyes. The pistol is a Custom II TLE with synthetic grips. I paid about $750 and so far I'm pretty darn happy. I may replace the MIM parts and I'm pretty sure I'll go up to an 18.5 recoil spring.

This Kimber feels like a fine weapon and it makes me look good. :-)

btw: The Glock 21 next to me only fired one full mag without a problem out of about 6. :-)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top