Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2003 3:53:37 AM EDT
Just bought my first 1911 model, a Kimber Ultra Carry II!!! Although VA recognizes the "one gun a month" statute, my county (Fairfax) has a 3 day waiting period. I pick it up on Monday.

I'd appreciate any advice on recommended loads and ammo manufacturers for carry and practice. Many thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 12:34:00 PM EDT
I also have an Ultra Carry II. I placed the Hogue grips on it and have bee extremely pleased with the pistol.

I have mainly shot Winchester white box (230 gr) and UMC (230 gr) through mine, also some 230 gr reloads I purchased at a gun show. This ammo is usually high quality and have not had a FTF with it. I did by some of the ARMSCOR (Phillipine?) ammo. Had one FTF out of 200 rounds. Have not used it since. Wanted to break the gun in more before I used it again. I used the UMC ammo to qualify for my Texas CCW.

Will probably stay with the 230 gr ball, because it prints well with that ammo.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:26:12 PM EDT
Not related to Kimber in particular, but I did shoot some Armscor .40 S&W in two different guns, and it jammed like hell in both of them. It's crap ammo that I won't ever put in another of my guns.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:32:23 PM EDT
Winchester value pak's from Walmart $19.99 a hundred.

Corbon or Speer Gold dot in 230gr JHP for carry.
Top Top