Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2001 5:28:34 AM EDT
I am considering a Kimber eclipse. Price  is $939. How does this compare to a Springfield TRP which costs a few hundred more? All ideas appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am considering a Kimber eclipse. Price  is $939. How does this compare to a Springfield TRP which costs a few hundred more? All ideas appreciated.

I have not fired the TRP, but I can say, IMO, the Eclipse beats the loaded easily. The SA's are not bad, though. The only thing I have against them is being made in Brazil,and they just don't feel authorative. And while the Eclipse is a pretty gun, initially there were some problems with the finish coming off in flakes, and with the factory night sights going tits up. This may not be the case now so do some checking, maybe at the Non-official kimber board,you can link there directly from their website.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#2]

I will let you know Friday. I have a Springfield Trophy match (same as the TRP with adj. sights) and I will pick up and shoot my new Custom Eclipse II at that time.  I can't wait to do a side by side comparo.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
S S 142,

Well, I ran the two guns side by side today and I must say that the Eclipse impressed me more than the Trophy Match. The TM had about 100 rounds through it, so it's still not broke in yet, but the Eclipse is fresh out of the box.  Fit and finish on both guns was very good. Trigger pull was very heavy on the TM while the Eclipse was light and crisp. The Eclipse shot very nice groups from 20 yards with a 6:00 sight picture.  The Springer was all over the place because the trigger was so heavy, I found it difficult to get off consistant rounds.  Both guns fed well with S&B and CCI Blazer 230 gr. FMJ ball ammo.  I am a big Springer fan, and the TM will be a very nice gun once I get the trigger straightend out, but out of the box, the Kimber Custom Shop out did the Springer Custom Shop.

I paid $995 for the Springer and $940 for the Eclipse.  Looks like I better get used to eating Spam for awhile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top