Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2016 7:01:13 PM EDT
Anyone think they may offer this in all black like the micro 380 ? That is what I want to see I do not like the current offerings I want one to match my micro 380 all black !
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Hope so. The 9 was not out when I bought my 380. Not that I don't appreciate the weight savings in my 'very discrete role' gun. I do not want bling in my discrete gun. Now my MKIII comp target is fine in stainless...

Their black, silver, wood combo reminds me of those ugly tv/stereo bits that were common for a while in the 80's. An icky fad when they could not make up their mind which to go with, so they used all 3. Ugly when I was a kid, ugly now.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 1:41:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm considering picking up a Micro 9 in stainless. Wouldn't mind blued/black as it's going to be a CCW gun.

Looks pretty nice... I see Kimber shows 7 round magazines, but they're out of stock. I know the Sig 938 7 rounders will work, but would prefer OEM if possible.

Also found one of my favorite holster makers (pjholsters) makes a holster for it. I may be tempted to run up to Gander Mountain to buy one this week. It will be 'in the rotation'

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Picked up a Micro 9 this morning. Gander Mountain 3 miles from the house had 'em in stock, and price was pretty much in line with any I could find online after shipping and transfer fees.

What a nice little gun! Fit and finish is good, although the heel of the mainspring housing is a bit sharp. May have to see about doing something with that. The sights are pretty nice. Very big for the gun, even though they're not huge. The huge white dots are very easy to pick up. That should really lend itself to accuracy. I ordered 3 Sig P938 7 round mags. Kimber shows their 7 round mags out of stock. I'll probably order 3 or 4 when they get some in.

Might be next weekend before I can get to the range with it. I might get the extra magazines in. I honestly don't think going to the range with only 1 magazine is very fun, so I'd rather wait. I'll update once I get some pew pew pew done with it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Picked one up last evening. My complaint is that it came from the factory with dents in the barrel crown, but that is a qc rather than design issue. I think the beavertail could have a higher undercut for a more comfortable grip.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:
I'm considering picking up a Micro 9 in stainless. Wouldn't mind blued/black as it's going to be a CCW gun.

Looks pretty nice... I see Kimber shows 7 round magazines, but they're out of stock. I know the Sig 938 7 rounders will work, but would prefer OEM if possible.

Also found one of my favorite holster makers (pjholsters) makes a holster for it. I may be tempted to run up to Gander Mountain to buy one this week. It will be 'in the rotation'
View Quote

I want one all black too perhaps customizing is the answer, buy one have it blued or black Cerakote finished, I am going to look into this.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Well finally got one and really like it, eats what ever I put thru it, hand loads as well as factory ,couple more hundred and its added to the carry rotation
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#7]
not a very active subforum but I will go ahead and ask, has anyone found a solution to the heavy trigger pull of a Micro 9?  My pull is very crisp, its just heavy.  7.5 lbs which may actually be lighter than most, but it feels heavier than that.  5 to 6 lbs would be perfect.

Somewhere I read that the 938 hammer spring offered by Galloway was a direct swap for Kimber, but that is not the case as the Kimber spring is larger diameter and the Kimber mainsrping cap will not fit the Galloway.  The Galloway is also way longer.   I no longer have a Sig P938 but looking at schematics, it seems the Sig doesn't use a mainspring cap so wonder they don't work.  Should have done more research before throwing away 15 bux.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Quake_Guy:
not a very active subforum but I will go ahead and ask, has anyone found a solution to the heavy trigger pull of a Micro 9?  My pull is very crisp, its just heavy.  7.5 lbs which may actually be lighter than most, but it feels heavier than that.  5 to 6 lbs would be perfect.

Somewhere I read that the 938 hammer spring offered by Galloway was a direct swap for Kimber, but that is not the case as the Kimber spring is larger diameter and the Kimber mainsrping cap will not fit the Galloway.  The Galloway is also way longer.   I no longer have a Sig P938 but looking at schematics, it seems the Sig doesn't use a mainspring cap so wonder they don't work.  Should have done more research before throwing away 15 bux.
View Quote
Wanted to give this a bump, and see if anybody had tried this, or come up with a bit better trigger solution.

Good little gun, I picked mine up just for a carry while on the Harley.  My 3" 1911 was a bit bulky after a few hundred miles!

Just wish the Kimber had a bit better trigger.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Kimber now has 8 rd mags for the micro,,, on ebay, not on Kimber site. And yes, the are Kimbers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top