Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/17/2003 11:56:05 PM EDT
I just picked up my first Desert Eagle, a Mark XIX .50 in matte black.. What a fun gun to shoot! Not the most fun gun to clean though.. Definately took me a little longer to disassemble and clean than my 1911. I am sure things will speed up, now that I have done it once.

I haven't put enough rounds through it to really figure out how it shoots, though. The first time I took it out I seemed to shoot about 12" low and and 12" left at 50-60ft. The next time I took it out I was shooting at a wall about 100yds away and it seemed to be hitting very close to where I was aiming. These kind of contradict each other.

Next time out I'll shoot from a bench and see whats really happening. Regardless, I'm curious about what the DE community think of adjustable sights. Good, Bad, which brands/models to look for, etc. I've been thinking more and more about them, but wanted to get some feedback.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-sb

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:21:39 PM EDT
I have never shot a DE but congratulations on your purchace, it should be fun! Maybe you were just flinching, anticipating the recoil, for your 50-60ft. shots. Dry firing might help you get used to the big gun.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:29:18 AM EDT
The factory adjustables are great, but try putting an Aimpoint or other red dot type sight on it.
You'll never take it off & will end up buying LOTS of ammo...
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:16:56 PM EDT
A red dot is nice but bulky, I like my Millett Sights. My gun shoots just about any ammo accurately. Very nice gun I recommend everyone get at least one!
Top Top