Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 11:56:05 PM EDT
I just picked up my first Desert Eagle, a Mark XIX .50 in matte black.. What a fun gun to shoot!  Not the most fun gun to clean though.. Definately took me a little longer to disassemble and clean than my 1911.  I am sure things will speed up, now that I have done it once.

I haven't put enough rounds through it to really figure out how it shoots, though.  The first time I took it out I seemed to shoot about 12" low and and 12" left at 50-60ft.  The next time I took it out I was shooting at a wall about 100yds away and it seemed to be hitting very close to where I was aiming.  These kind of contradict each other.

Next time out I'll shoot from a bench and see whats really happening.  Regardless, I'm curious about what the DE community think of adjustable sights.  Good, Bad, which brands/models to look for, etc.  I've been thinking more and more about them, but wanted to get some feedback.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-sb

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never shot a DE but congratulations on your purchace, it should be fun! Maybe you were just flinching, anticipating the recoil, for your 50-60ft. shots. Dry firing might help you get used to the big gun.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:29:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The factory adjustables are great, but try putting an Aimpoint or other red dot type sight on it.  
You'll never take it off & will end up buying LOTS of ammo...
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
A red dot is nice but bulky, I like my Millett Sights. My gun shoots just about any ammo accurately. Very nice gun I recommend everyone get at least one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top