Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/7/2002 7:14:00 AM EDT
See des. eagle 41mag on davidson`s website........what a hell of a hunter......
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 3:02:43 PM EDT
Love the .41 Magnum round but I have no experience at all with the Desert Eagle platform. The few that I handled seemed well made but damn they were HEAVY. I asked my dealer if the weapon came with a gunbearer! I would like to hear from people who actually use these guns what their likes and dislikes are about them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 11:00:13 PM EDT
I've shot the Desert Eagle in .357 and it worked fine, but it just didn't seem to do much for me. I mean it just seemed a very odd handling gun due to the grip size, and the overall size of the gun. Quite frankly I didn't like it. The .41 wouldn't be any different in size, and I doubt that the recoil would be much to speak of. Other things like holsters, mag pouches, etc. are not exactly easy to find at your local gunshop.

The 10mm comes close to the ballistics as the .41mag, so I would rather go that route with an auto.

I think for handgun hunting, you aren't really handicapped either with the DE or a revolver. Follow-up shots may be faster with the DE, but not by much. For hunting use I think most people will go with the same caliber in a revovler because of weight, etc.

Ross
Top Top