Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 6:43:42 AM EDT
Just picked one of these up on a trade...have not even seen it yet, but I have seen then at the fun shows. What do you guys who have them think of them? Too big for CCW?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:45:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I carried a USP40c for a couple years.  it's just a little smaller than the USP45c.

If you are a big guy, it should be OK, if you are slightly built it will be an issue.

It also felt heavier than my 1911, though the 1911 was actually heftier in the weight category but smaller in the overall size.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm 5'7 160lbs.

I carry a USP45 compact.

I've never had a problem, Its a little thick, but not overly so.

Most of the time I carry it in a Don Hume IWB clip holster, Even under a loose un-tucked tee shirt I haven't had a problem.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:00:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Aimless...yes, it's a single stack...8+1

Shivan...I like the .40 ca. Compacts, but don't know about the .45 yet

Dredd308...They seemed a little thick to me, too, when I fondled them at various places, which is actually more of what I was asking reference CCW

Oh well, if i don't like it you may see it on the EE

Thanks, guys!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it is a 8rd mag but it's not a single stack in the skinny sense of the term. The mag is the same size as a dbl stack would be, just a bit shorter.

I used mine for CCW until I got a .357Sig USP compact.  

My .45 USP compact would generally outshoot any other brand or model of .45, Les Baer & Wilson excluded.

I used a fanny pack for my carry method.

My .o2
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top