Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2003 6:43:33 PM EDT
I am about to take posession of a HK USP .40 full size variant 5. Got a great deal on it at a gunshow and when I got home I realized I wasn't too crazy about my purchase. I bought a variant 5 (DA only) and would like to make it into a DA/SA with a decocker in the selector lever. Any info on where I could get a kit to change it over or how much the parts are would be great thanks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You will find NO info out there to make this change. H&K says any or all changes HAVE to be done by a H&K certified armorer.

The change is quick & painless provided one knows what they're doing.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a site that you should be able to buy the parts that you might need to convert it.  I have only done the conversion from Variant 1 to 2. http://www.hkpartsonline.com/hkparts1A.htm

Paul
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Dayum!!! Just went to the HK parts online store, everything I'd want for my USP40 is out of stock. I'd like to get the match trigger and see how it feels. Probably too light for carry.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys. I stopped into the local shop today and the conversation went like this. "Oohh..yeah...ummm that would take a couple months and we have no idea how much that would cost. You would be better off selling it and buying the one you want."
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#5]
some of the guys on the hkpro board are saying that they have had good experience sending their guns to H&K in Sterling VA for variant changes and night site installs. Apparently this has not always been the case, but now there seems to be a more customer oriented atmosphere.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I've only had to deal with HK's customer service twice.

Once to talk to them about a HK dealer that tried to screw me.
And once to send a USP40 back to them for what I thought was a problem. (It wasnt)

Both times, I was treated very well. They were also very prompt on sending my USP back to me.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top