Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2001 3:33:05 PM EDT

I have been looking at H&K's and I don't see any .45's on gunbroker. Why is it that the .40 and the 9mm are more popular than the .45, are there any problems present in the .45 that could be responsible or is it just that the .40 and the 9mm are more popular?

Could anybody explain to me or give a link to the descriptions of the different variants?
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 6:14:11 AM EDT
[#2]
It would seem to me that perhaps your logic is a bit off. IMO there's no 45s listed is because maybe they're sold out of them? I carry a USP Compact S/S in 45acp & have used it for IDPA as well. My guess is that the USP 45 is for the more "experienced" gun owner whereas the 9mm & 40S&W grab the attention of the lessor experienced shooter? After, the legend is that a 45 will blow a huge hole thru someone so recoil must be equal, right? Or so the novice perhaps thinks. Or at least this has been my experience at working gun shows for many years. But I can assure you, there's NOTHING wrong with the USP 45. If I had the $$, I'd get another, the Tactical or Match model. My .o2
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Agree with Bob Cole, most of the used guns I see are the ones people are selling to get something good.

It seems like most civvies gravitate to the .45.

Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:08:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:It seems like most civvies gravitate to the .45.

Well, I'm a civvy & I like the 45acp. >gg< I was a Marine but strangely enough never once fired a 45 in the entire six years I was in. Of course I own nearly all calibers except the 40/10 & mouse guns.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top