Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 7:13:57 PM EDT
I ordered a USP45C LEM and was told by a friend that there are "drop in " springs available for the LEM triggers to take them down to 3.5lbs. Anyone heard of this? How does it work and where do I get it?

Thanks

BTW- This will be my first HK and I am pumped to go to the range. I have a few Glocks, Sigs and Kimbers but no HK. Sure hope it is all it is cracked up to be.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of that, replacement springs I know of are for the standard factory trigger set-ups. Might want to IM Big Bore & ask him, he really knows H&Ks.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I spoke to John @ HK and he is sending out the springs. He said it should get me down to around 4.5lbs. I don't have the details, just that he is sending them out. I believe it is a trigger return spring and a firing pin block spring. I'll post how it turns out.

BTW- I shot 50 rounds through it this morning while zeroing in a customer's hunting rifle and so far I LOVE IT. I think I may have a new off duty gun.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:47:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I sent both full size and compact .45 USP's to H&K for installation of the LEM with the 3.5lb springs. IIRC it was $60 each and turnaround was  week or two.  Well worth it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Mr ta2d,

I also own an HK Compact .45 with the LEM trigger, installed by the factory.  I asked the factory to install the lowest trigger pull weight springs possible, and it came out at about 6.5 pounds.  After the installation I sent pistol to Tommy Thacker of Thacker Guns to have the trigger pull weight lowered further and to have the action smoothed.

A problem indigenious to this particular pistol is if the trigger pull weight is lowered too much you run the risk of light hammer strikes causing misfires.  This occured on my pistol when the trigger pull weight was lowered to approximately 5.5 pounds.  One fix is to use ammunition that has softer primers such as Federal, but that was not an option for me.  We had to replace the springs with the factory 'light' springs, bringing the trigger pull weight back up to a consistent 6.5 pounds.  Tommy smoothed the action considerably, so the trigger FEELS much lighter than the Lyman Electronic scale says it is.

I'm not saying that your particular pistol will get the light hammer strikes, but I did want you to have a heads up.  More information on this is available on the HK forum website at HKPRO.com.

ETA:  For some reason, this problem does not occur on full size USPs or on Compact .45s that have the standard (non-LEM) trigger.  This occurs only with the Compact .45 using the LEM trigger.

I really like the LEM Compact .45 and when I'm not carrying my 1911 this is the weapon I carry.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#5]
See this thread at HKPRO.  It works the same with the LEM trigger on the USP and USPC as it does with the P2K/SK and you need exactly the same parts.

See, it pays to check out HKPRO as this is a well known trigger fix over there.

Note that this does not alter the force of the hammer strike because the hammer spring is not being replaced and you can get the pull down from the normal 8 pounds to either 7, 6, or 5 pounds depending on if you do one or both spring swaps.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top