Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 7:10:07 PM EDT
Can someone give me the quick run-down on lights?  I understand that HK has their own proprietary rail system, and I understand which lights fit it.  From what I've seen, there is an HK light and an Insight M2 light that will fit my HK USPf.  Now I look and see similar lights from Streamlight.  Are Streamlight and Insight in cahoots?  

Are all these lights the same?  Is one better for some reason?  If they are the same, which is the cheapest?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Check this:

www.gggaz.com/products/hk_usp.php

M3 - $100

rail adaptor - $51.00

Cheaper than the $275 HK flashlight
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The adapter is bulky, often it might interfere with the spring, as you tighten the screws, it also tightens up the dustcover, and makes the space where the spring ride smaller. rough slide movement.

HK flashlight doesn't cost $275. I know, I have one and I bought the ggg rail adapter too.
UTL is a better solution.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#3]
As I mentioned in my first post, I am wondering what the differences are between:  Insight, Streamlight, and HK lights.  Differences such as price, quality, operation, etc.  Any info in that regard would be much appreciated.

I understand that I could buy a rail adapter, but that is a different topic for a different person.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Insight, Streamlight, and HK lights

they're the same thing!!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Insight, Streamlight, and HK lights

they're the same thing!!!!

They are exactly the same thing?  Same exact price?  Same markings?  Same exact controls?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Insight M2 and HK UTL MkII are exactly the same. I don't believe streamlight makes one for the HK rail. I would stick with the insight or UTL, most holsters that take HKs with lights are made specifically for those lights. I found a perfect condition UTL for about $120 in the EE. Just keep your eyes open
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#7]
be kind...  i'm just starting to grasp the pistol "thing" well.  so i can buy a M6 today from streamlight for the HK USP or i can buy an adapter and then buy the standard M6 that fits many pistols...  both options end up about the same money - @ $270 - right?  wrong?

is there another way?

is there a more cost effective way?

thanks,

s.tank

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#8]
CDNN has a cheaper aluminum picatinny rail adapter for $20. Works in the same way as the GG&G. Does not move.

Insight makes the Streamlight M-series. Says so right on the manual "Streamlight by Insight"
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#9]
www.botac.com/itim2tali.html

cheapest route.  added weight is nice.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Laser Devices also makes both lasers, lights and light/laser (Blast/2) units for the USP. They are more money but also higher quality than the Insight products.

http://www.blackrifles.com/by-manufacturer/ldi/blast_usp.jpg
That being said, I've got quite a few customers using both the ProMag and GG&G picatinny rail adaptors without issue.

The M6 "for" the USP which you buy from Insight or Streamlight (streamlight is simply a distributor), is a standard M6 plus the adaptor.

If you want a light/laser unit I highly recommend the Blast 2
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top