Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/20/2002 8:29:15 AM EDT
i've owned my usp compact .45 for two years now and it finally had a FTF this morning....i'm alittle devastated right now, guys.
i was shooting some superhot Aguila rounds--looked like they had aluminum bullets.  whenever "my baby" tried to feed these dang things, the cartridge would get REALLy wedged halfway into the chamber and the slide stuck tight.  Had to use a mallet to jack the slide back!!! really sucked.  Anyone have similar experiences with thse Aguilas?  They were 110 gr bullets.  Also, any tips on rebuilding faith in a loved one after a FTF?
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Practice your clearing drills.  I don't care who made the weapon, they will ALL fail at some point or another.  But, if you're prepared (trained) for that occasion, it will minimize the impact and allow you to move on with minimal interruption.  You can either clear the malfunction or stand there looking at a stovepipe cursing your fate ;)
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:38:34 AM EDT
[#2]
110 grain .45??
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Get used to it . A shooting friend has a 45 compact and this isn't anything new .H&K will not eat everything you try to feed them .There are rounds that simply won't function well thru them. I've gotten more free ammo from my H&K compact shooter friend than he would like to admit .You see , my SIG-220 will digest with great accuracy all the ammo that turns the 45 compact into a jammomatic ! If you want to send me YOUR ammo , free of charge , I'd be glad to test fire it as well !
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#4]
If it's the 110gr "Hi-Power" (or now known as I.Q.) loads, then yes...I've had many problems.

Those and Wolf are the only ammo that have ever caused my USP .45 problems.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 9:17:17 AM EDT
[#5]
sorry sniper--already gave em away to a buddy at the range.  First time i had to do it--it ticks me off that now i can't say "she's cylcled everything i gave 'er". lol
Yep!  That's the critter, Bruouha.  Glad im not the only one.  Too bad, too--they looked like they would've been fun to shoot. I.Q--HAH! "the world's first intelligent round" my ass!!  Thanks for the heads up on Wolf--I was just gonna buy some from Cheaper Than Dirt.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top