Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2017 10:26:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Most handguns require a booster, minus a few exceptions.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Looking for a can for mine. Bump for answers.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah, not sure why you wouldn't think it wouldnt need a Nielsen device.  Almost all tilt barrels do.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Lol tilting barrel needs a booster?   Why you think otherwise?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#6]
awww, gotcha.  I mssed that.  Yep, I think pretty much any fixed barrel, you are ok without it, but I am pretty sure that all tilt barrels need the Nielsen Device.  I know my Glocks do.  I have the same VP9 you have.  THe only thing is they use that Euro weeinie LH 13.1 twist or whatever.  I have to buy a new suppressor for it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#7]
That's not a failure of the pistol. It is suppressor ready, but your can isn't ready to be used on a browning style actions. Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer of your can and find a LID from them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My P9S has a fixed barrel.  It is the only pistol I have suppressed.  I am not an expert on suppressors or Nielsen devices.  I didn't really look into it much I guess.  I took HK for their word as well as read several reviews and watched several vids of the VP9T using one suppressor after another with no issues.  

Now I'm on the hunt for a compatible booster.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
yeah, not sure why you wouldn't think it wouldnt need a Nielsen device.  Almost all tilt barrels do.
My P9S has a fixed barrel.  It is the only pistol I have suppressed.  I am not an expert on suppressors or Nielsen devices.  I didn't really look into it much I guess.  I took HK for their word as well as read several reviews and watched several vids of the VP9T using one suppressor after another with no issues.  

Now I'm on the hunt for a compatible booster.  
Almost every modern pistol can will already come with a booster, is why you saw it using silencer after silencer and having no issues. HK is completely accurate in their statement that the setup is "Silencer ready".

Fixed barrels do not require the Nielson device.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#9]
As everyone else has already said, you need a booster for a tilting barrel. 

Whats the make of the suppressor? Hopefully yours is at least compatible with a booster, I didn't see any on the Hughes Precision website that looked like they would be. Most suppressors made for handguns these days have boosters.

The area at the rear of the suppressor here that is textured is the Booster, or LID as Gemtech calls theirs. It's got a spring in between the threaded piston and the rest of the suppressor.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#10]
As said, you will need a booster...  Also, you should not use a boosted can on a fixed barrel gun.  I have seen that break the threaded portion of the barrel off.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top