Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2017 8:45:53 PM EDT
I just traded a buddy for his 1993 USP .40. I had a older Springfield 1911 that he could not live without and since I have more than one 1911 I felt I could let it go.

Anyway the date code puts it at 1993 and the receipt I found in the box agrees. Pretty much in excellent condition and he claims fewer then 500 rounds fired.

Anything I need to know about this? Any problem with magazine interchangeability with newer USP's? Should I replace the non captive recoil spring assembly or will it be fine?

It is my first HK pistol and felt it was a nice gun to add to my collection.  Pretty sure I did not get hurt on the trade, but curious of the HK's value.

Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:33:02 AM EDT
[#1]
All parts are interchangeable with newer USP's, though I'd leave the springs alone unless they're worn out.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Snippet

1994 changed from a conventional land and groove rifling to the Polygonal bore, as well as the beginning of the use of a captive recoil assembly. Sometime in 1995 some changes were made to enhance the trigger as well. For me personally, I wouldn't buy pre-96 for the reason of the trigger updates although some people may actually prefer the older style of rifling. We're also currently on our 3rd generation of firing pins. While I would agree with your indication that the upgrade from 2-3 isn't significant, the first generation ones were pretty bad. I believe the second generation came around the same time as the trigger enhancements and the compact series, while the third came as part of the P2000 series of guns.

The full faq Here
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top