Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2017 11:12:41 AM EDT
I picked up a HK 45C last week, and noticed that it won't work with Surefire X200/300 series lights, as there's not a rail slot far forward enough to match up with the light.

A bummer, as I have a X200 and a X300 that I swap around between Glocks and my FN, and rifles.

So, what are other's using on their 45C?  What lights have rail mounts far enought back to engage with the slots on the HK?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:37:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure there are newer and better lights out there, but I have a TLR-3 on mine.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sure there are newer and better lights out there, but I have a TLR-3 on mine.
View Quote
Yeah, this is the only one I have that fits my 45C. 
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing good really fits. That's definitely the biggest downside to this gun. Because of this and some other reasons, I prefer the fullsize.

It should be noted that the VP9SK also does not fit an X300 despite having a Glock 19 slide length - however, I am okay with this as it is the trade off you get for the better ergo (balances better as grip sits farther forward on slide) and the greatly enlarged trigger guard (compared to G19). No such thing as a free lunch, have to compromise somewhere. HOWEVER, in the case of the HK45C, the gun is pretty big and could have been slightly altered to house an X300. In fact I know at least a couple of people have actually done this.

In any regard as others have said, the TLR3 and the Viridian are your only somewhat decent options, other than modifying the frame. Enjoy the gun. It's a great gun if you can get around this aspect!
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Will the Virdian X5L fit? I been thinking about buying one if I find a decent sale I am satisfied with (I want to upgrade my trigger first).
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:31:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Will the Virdian X5L fit? I been thinking about buying one if I find a decent sale I am satisfied with (I want to upgrade my trigger first).
View Quote
Did my own digging, apparently it will only fit with one screw.

I am debating on Crimson Products, as the forums (HK Pro I think) seem to all agree the fit is better and reviews seem decent. Price is not bad, at least compared to Surefire.

Link Posted: 7/25/2017 7:07:12 AM EDT
[#6]
If you're willing to go to the trouble, the X300 can be modified to fit on a compact frame. It's not a bad mod, but it would be better if the light makers made their lights with user configurable mounts to accommodate fitment variations (eg. Being able to swap the cross bar(s) along multiple locations along the mount space to fit HG pic rail length variations).
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you're willing to go to the trouble, the X300 can be modified to fit on a couple pact frame. It's not a bad mod, but it would be better if the light makers made their lights with user configurable mounts to accommodate fitment variations (eg. Being able to swap the cross bar(s) along multiple locations along the mount space to fit HG pic rail length variations).
View Quote
HEY!!! That's mine.  Wow that was a long time ago.  And it's better than "not a bad mod."  Took me awhile to figure that one out and works like a champ.  

Of course, you're right.  An out of the box solution is preferable.  SF had some mini X series in the pipeline years ago but it was vaporware.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting.  I'll try the above mod to my SF 300 and see if I can make it work.

I jimmied up a solution to use an old 3 rail spacer mount - it allows the SF to go far enough forward to clear the monsterous, mitten sized trigger guard.  

It does push the light down lower, and I woudn't want to use it for a laser (too far away from the bore axis - as silly as the the SF laser series where they put the laser on the bottom of the sight), but for a flashlight it's fine.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top