Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 10:04:15 AM EDT
I think everyone has seen MAC's gauntlet of the VP9. Has anyone done a comparison with the improved slideplate (without firing pin hole)?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:29:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for interest.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the problem is the large access point between the trigger and frame.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Playground sand can jam a pair of scissors.  I guess what bugs me with this gauntlet is that if there is a hiccup anywhere along the line, it's not addressed, other than to soak the gun in water.  So the first (real) thing the gun hits is the least likely occur (how often do you "operate" in playground sand?), and most likely to cause an issue....  And if it causes an issue, the gun isn't checked for function before going to the next round(s) of stupidity.

I guess if you're going to concealed carry on the beach, and swim with your weapon on you... Or if you plan on going down the slide too fast and falling on your weapon...  Maybe the VP9 isn't the best for that.

At any rate, how many people do you see complaining about reliability with them?   None of the M9's I was issued were as reliable as my VP9 has been, one of them was brand new.  My M&P jammed a few times per thousand rounds, same with the Shield (esp. with steel cased).  My 1911 even jammed more than this thing, and I had to play with recoil springs.  The VP9 has taken every brand/weight ammo I've thrown in it and kept on chugging.  Entertaining video, but still not really indicative of any real situation, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Agreed, my VP9 has been boringly reliable.  I was just curious if the slideplate was actually a solution to the debris problem.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top