Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2017 2:14:31 PM EDT
Let me start by saying I've never been an Hk koolaide drinker (I have issues with people that hate the American population) but when I played with a new USP at the LGS I think I fell in love. It's got to be one of the nicest handguns I've ever handled. It's a little large but I think I can get around that. I went to another LGS and there is a USP 9 full size on consignment for 699, the guy told me he can't work with price on word from the owner. Would 699 be a good price for a USP? It looks to be in good shape.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it's a gun. Why would you want of those?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd say that's a fair price, but it would be worth asking the shop to see if the owner might go down a bit.  I think the full size USP is a fine pistol, but not incredibly in demand right now due to the VP9, as well as single stack pistols being the belle of the ball right now.  Worst the owner can say is no.

ETA:  I re-read the OP, I guess that means he's firm on price.  If you really like it, I'd probably go ahead and get it as is then.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell gunstore you will offer $550.

$699 is only $100-$150 off from new prices.

Love my usp 9, she was my first handgun and first firearm.

Use trigger or middle finger for mag release.

If lefty use trigger finger for slide release as well.

Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Junk.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are willing to do .40 cal, Summit gun has police trade-ins for $415, and he has been dropping the price to $395 on his recent Friday sales.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Great gun, but for 700 I would rather just get a new one.

Also, he mag release is tits. I have a p30 and use my middle finger. I far prefer to to the traditional style. Most people that talk down on them try to use their thumb, which requires altering your grip.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:31:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I've used pistols with the euro mag release before, I don't care for it as I have long fingers so a traditional release has never been an issue for me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great gun, but for 700 I would rather just get a new one.
View Quote

Bud's is selling the USP 9mm for $771 shipped.  If you don't have to pay sales tax on a purchase from Bud's, the cost would be within $50 or so of the used one at your local shop.

I love the USP.  I have several.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#9]
The EE is your friend.  I just scored one for $475 shipped with 4 mags.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:00:19 AM EDT
[#10]
HK doesn't hate you.  

Their customer service is fine.  You can call them and buy all the parts you want.  Unlike Glock who thinks their parts have to be installed by an armorer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#11]
USPs are awesome. 

If you think the full size is a little big, try the Compact. To me, the USP Compact is the perfect handgun. I've only got one USP, but two USP Compacts. 

USP is still awesome though. 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#12]
As a H&K Kool-Aid drinker myself, I would urge going with a better model than the standard 9mm USP. I would do the SD model (and have) which allows the use of 18rd mags, better sights & a much, much better OEM trigger. Add in the threaded bbl as a bonus, IMO.

Point is, while the standard 9mm USP is by no means a slouch, there's a much better option to be had & just as easily as getting the standard model, IMO.

Buy once, cry once.  

My .o2
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top