Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 9/11/2003 6:18:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2003 3:18:25 PM EDT by chasu]
I have a series 70 Nickel Combat Commander. It has a blued thumb safety and a blued barrel. Are these parts possibly original to the pistol. My brother bought it in the early 80's. It was mfg. in 1974. Just curious. I am searching for a nickel saftey release, but if blued could be original, I want to leave it that way. It just does not look right. Here's a pic, well, how do I add a pic?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:47:56 AM EDT
Colt made 'em both ways...I have seen several like you describe as well as many more with everything satin nickled.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:54:34 AM EDT
I had a few full sized series '70s where the frame and slide were nickeled and most of the other moving parts were blued...I don't recall the slidestop not being blued too. [:\]
I think the barrels were completly nickeled too, including the chamber/hood area.
Nickeled parts are getting harder to find, usually only in SS or blue anymore.
I understand you want to keep it original, or maybe just a blue slidestop would "balance" out the look.
The majority, if not all, Commanders I remember seeing in nickel, were done in total nickel, but the full sized model, having had a few, I do remember being "peppered".
Page Handguns » Colt
Top Top