Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2017 8:19:06 PM EDT
I have had this for years. Deciding to sell it to get some cash freed up. Anybody ever heard of one or seen one?

I do have a letter from colt saying it was custom ordered in 1925 chrome plated, pearl grips and engraving.

When I lettered it 5 years ago, the lady at the time was extremely shocked and excited saying this could be the only one.

Photobucket isn't working so I have no way to post pics at the moment but happy to email some.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't jump at the first offer, and be careful.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Just trying to see what to do with it. No need to sell really just curious what ballpark would be and also if there is something else like it made.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
You can upload pics directly from your computer.

Look below the submit button to select file and up load.

We really need a pic of this! 
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Something like that might rate a call to Rock Island Auction or Julia Auction.  You're going to want a big audience.  

A lettered chromed engraved SAA will be worth a lot.  Like five figures a lot.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Something like that might rate a call to Rock Island Auction or Julia Auction.  You're going to want a big audience.  

View Quote
I was told $25,000-$50,000. I don't want to do auction due to fees and having it be in someone else's care for maybe a year. Rather do a private sale.

Will posts pictures later if I can figure it out
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
That's fancy.  Very nice.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's fancy.  Very nice.
View Quote
Indeed. I like that was shipped to a hardware company.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice pistol
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You can upload pics directly from your computer.

Look below the submit button to select file and up load.

We really need a pic of this! 
View Quote
Dang!!! That was so much easier than I expected it to be!!! Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:24:59 PM EDT
[#11]
That's beautiful. Congrats, OP.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#12]
If you really do want to sell a high end firearms auction like Julia is very likely to get you top dollar even considering a percentage to the auction house. I sold a good portion of a collection via a gunbroker auction seller who charged 20% including his cut and the gun broker fee. With only one exception every gun I sold got easily much more back in money than I had into them in some cases much more. Guns I bought for $300 in the late 80's/early 90's brought 2k or more. No way I could have realized such returns through local sale.
A national audience brings the fat wallets and maximum return
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Just out of vulgar curiosity, how did you acquire it?
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just out of vulgar curiosity, how did you acquire it?
View Quote
Walked in my buddies shop about 15 years ago from a little old lady. He bought it thinking it was customized by the ladies husband who passed as stated by her. He had it in the shop for 7 years at $1500 or so and no one bought it. He then called colt and lettered it
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:40:45 AM EDT
[#15]
That's one heck of a BBQ gun.

Just need to find the right Texan.

Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:47:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can also negotiate on fees to sell with them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 1:59:03 AM EDT
[#17]
That's beautiful!

Being it was such a fancy special order and sent to L.A. l wonder if a Hollywood star may have ordered it?  Maybe see if any of the stars of the day have a "missing" pistol.  Such as did Tom Mix have any personal pistols?   Are they all accounts for?

If you can link a name like that to it the price would only go up.  Maybe way up.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top