Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2017 5:29:47 PM EDT
Got bit by the 1911 bug..bad. I have been utterly bored with ARs and the fact that every John Doe has one and steered my addiction in other directions recently. Picked up a couple HK roller locks and noticed I only had 2 "real" defensive hand guns a FN 5.7 and Beretta 92fs. I've always had an eye and a sweet tooth for the "tacticool" items. 1911s never grabbed me. Though, on a whim, through a trade I have a Les Baer headed my way and suddenly can't  get enough of all things 1911. So, last night my impulsiveness struck again. You know the old adage about "hang around in a barber shop long enough and you're going to get a haircut"
...well browse GB long enough and you're going to buy something that's "too good to pass up" and "a great investment" ...that's what I told my wife anyway. I picked up a Colt Gold Cup Elite Series 70. Anyway here's what I did. Don't know if I did something good or bad yet but we'll see.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice! I had a Gold cup and stupidly sold it. After seeing yours I think I may need to get another.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. It's a one off run of 500. Very affordable at barely 1k shipped, with match barrel, series 70 fire control group and night sights and I couldn't pass it up. It wasn't completely impulsive, I did a little research before pulling the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:13:55 AM EDT
[#3]
That was a good find! Awesome looking pistol!
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Beautiful gun. Just got a Gold Cup Trophy myself and I could not be any happier with it. The thing is a nail driver.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Been bit with the 1911 bug myself the last year or so, put 4-5 in the safe.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a good deal. Hope you enjoy it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats. Got bit myself and picked up a new 9mm Competition a few weeks back.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks very nice! Congrats!
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top