Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2017 5:57:56 AM EDT
Discussion over at 1911 forum, apparently Central Florida Pawn and Gun has it on their website somewhere but I didn't see it over there..
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll wait for Brent from Colt over there before I believe a pawn shop tale about a manufacturer ending a product run.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll wait for Brent from Colt over there before I believe a pawn shop tale about a manufacturer ending a product run.
View Quote

thats my feeling...

Everyone knows Colt has made it's share of marketing mistakes in the past, but this would be a pretty large one I would think.  I had always thought the S70 repros were big sellers.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=729737
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
My understanding is that the standard, stainless Series 70 Government model has been discontinued, but the blued model is still in production.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My understanding is that the standard, stainless Series 70 Government model has been discontinued, but the blued model is still in production.
View Quote

Huh, that is the one that is unique as a stainless 70 was never mfg. back in the day.  I have always wanted one, but the rare time I find one in stock, I either don't have the extra cash or its one of those Friday afternoon guns.  Or Monday morning.  Or right before or after lunch on a weekday.  Or right before or after a break, you get the idea.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Huh, that is the one that is unique as a stainless 70 was never mfg. back in the day.  I have always wanted one, but the rare time I find one in stock, I either don't have the extra cash or its one of those Friday afternoon guns.  Or Monday morning.  Or right before or after lunch on a weekday.  Or right before or after a break, you get the idea.
View Quote

they're on GB still...in some cases for under 1k...might pull the trigger on one today myself.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd have jumped on one if they didn't have bullshit modern sights and the wrong grips.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:44:46 AM EDT
[#8]
tough to buy a Colt sight unseen...
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top