Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2003 4:53:30 AM EDT
This is my first post to this board.  I didn't really know Walther had a spot here.

Anyway, has anyone else used the Sprinco Recoil Reducer to replace their factory guide rod?  [A plastic guide rod, come on.]

I bought a Sprinco guide rod about a year-and-a-half ago when they did not offer a caliber specific option.  This guide rod is a lot more sturdy and it greatly reduced the felt recoil.  Just a couple of weeks ago I returned it and received a caliber specific guide rod (free of charge).
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I am interested in replacing my plastic guide rod on my P99  .40.  What or who is Sprinco? Where can I inquire about one and how much are they?
Thanks

Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:05:35 AM EDT
[#2]
thedr13,

I stumbled upon them one night in my search for a replacement guide rod.  I searched for a couple of years, and finally, this is what I found:

Sprinco's Recoil Reducer page

My comments (not complaint) are:
-This thing is strong as an ox
-You MAY need to keep your mag springs strong to use the system.  The only reason I'm not sure is because I haven't tested my new guide rod yet.  Previously, I had issues with an occasional round not chambering; [it just hung up at the barrel's opening].

As a side note, Alan Dugger is the guy I dealt with at Sprinco.  He gave me a tip for ordering new mag springs.  He says it's cheaper to just order an SW99 mag spring rather than a P99 mag spring.  It's the same spring, but one has the Walther name attached (you know how that can be).
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:40:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I only have a couple hundred rounds through my P99, but I doubt I'll be buying any guide rod for it. If it breaks, then perhaps I will. Until then, I'll follow the old rule of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Call me crazy if you must
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top