Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 3:38:53 PM EDT
I bought my son a P22 last October "L" date code.  Other than the occassional light strikes we are having a problem with the safety engaging during firing.  The screw on the actual safety lever is hardly loose.  Any suggestions?  Is there any way to get rid of the safety all together?  This happens quite often,  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Try going to the walther forum on rimfirecentral.com
That is where I learned how to fix mine.
Basically, you take the two safety levers off and use a small file to remove some of the material from the flats (not the two prongs that stick up) so that the screws can be tightened down more.

By the way, I think you  mean that "L" is your serial number prefix. The date code is on the barrel and will be two letters. Mine is "AF".
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, how bout that, mine is "AF".  Thanks for the site.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure thing. Let us know how it all turns out.

Modifying mine was easy. It was maybe a 10 minute job altogether, and that includes figuring out what to do.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Good advice, I just picked up my P-22 a week ago "L" prefiix and AF date code as well. I have fired about 300 rounds or so and i have noticed the walking safety as well, but it has not gotten to the point where in goes all the way to the safe position is just moves towards it. If if keeps giving me problems i may have to try the mod.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#5]
af code p22 and just put 700rds through it today without a single problem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top