Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2012 4:10:38 PM EDT
Hello all,

Recently, my grandfather bought a used Walther P99s at a pawn shop. For those who do not know, this is a blank firing gun. My grandfather hosts chainsaw competitions at his home, and planned to use the pistol as a starting gun. After buying proper shells, he found that the gun would fire, but it would not load the next shell. Does anyone have any experience with these guns? I am thinking that it is a magazine issue, but I cannot find any wear on the magazine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless their is a blank adapter or the pistol has been modified blanks will not cycle(there isn't enough energy in those loads).  In the movies the blank firing gun vent out less gas cycling the action.  Thats why most starter pistols are revolver style.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#2]
From AIRGUN DEPOT.com website;

[The] Walther P99 S blank firing gun is a pistol just like the real firearm, except that it can not fire live rounds, it fires blank cartridges. The P99 S blank firing pistol is a double- or single-action semi-automatic pistol that functions in every way as the P99 firearm. The P99S fires 9 mm PAK blank cartridges. The magazine accepts 15-rounds and the slide cycles and casings eject just like the P99 pistol. The barrel is permanently plugged and the hot gases from a fired cartridge escape out of a vent in the top of the pistol. The P99 S by Walther is great pistol to use in practice for holstering and firing or as a dog training gun or collector gun. It can also be used in theatrics and is a great way for new shooters to get accustomed to gun handling and the sound of firing ammunition.

Caliber      Action       Ammo  Capacity Total Length Weight
9mm PAK Semi-Auto Blanks 15-Shot   7.1"              1.5 lbs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top