Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2002 6:29:23 AM EDT
In my personal experience, the best mode of concealed carry for pistols is with an Inside the Waistband holster.  Am curious as to what people's favorite/comfortable/concealable holster is for this (and not just what you own).

Personally, I have not found a holster that beats the comfort, stability, and low imprint than Milt Sparks' VersaMaxII holster.  I carry a full-sized Government 1911 with it, and it supports this heavy gun wonderfully...I hardly know I am wearing it.

One complaint though...I don't care for the "Kydex" clips that you can put on it (for shorts, etc.).  They were quite awkward and one of them even broke (to my surprise).  Since I always wear a belt with pants, shorts, etc., there's no need for the Kydex clips.

What have been your experiences with IWB holsters?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Another "two thumbs up" for the Sparks' VersaMax II with a 1911.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:56:38 AM EDT
[#3]
One downside to the great work that Tony K. and crew do at Milt Sparks is...things last SOOOO long.  
I'm still using an EX model that started out carrying my 3913, now it carries my Kahr K9 when I want an IWB.
If not I carry it in a Milt Sparks 55BN.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both FIST and KyTac IWBs, but would LOVE to try the Executive Companion.  Sparks is good gear, but I could afford the FIST.

For all day wear, I prefer Kydex, though I just have this affinity for leather, as long as it's quality.  Only thing is, when you are wearing a suit in a Chicago summer, sweating through to the pistol is a consideration.  Now that I'm down here in St. Louis, it may be worse...
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Another vote for Milt Sparks.  I still love my EX and SS, and I've gone almost entirely polymer.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Milt Sparks Summer Special!! I've got lots of other IWB holsters, including some other Sparks models, but I just keep going back to the SS. I carry a full size GM 14+ hours a day with no trouble at all.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the KyTac Braveheart. Secure, comfortable and fast.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm partial to the Don Hume h735 myself. Inexpensive but made to last.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top