Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 4:39:06 PM EDT
anyone tried one of these or know anything about them?their priced right,thinking about trying one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#2]
well,i just ordered one,ill let ya all know how it is when i get it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#3]
what do they look like?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
what do they look like?

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Please do keep us up to date.  I just noticed these for the first time at a gun show a month ago but had no track reacord to go by.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Kinda looks like a M3 knockoff. Keep us up to date on these.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#7]
ill let ya know as soon as i get it,should be 1 day this week.got it 4 $54.00 shipped.their being sold by cammilus(sp?),the knife people.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:41:17 AM EDT
[#8]
got the light a couple days ago.its awesome!locks on rail tight and bright a hell! i think its a little bigger than an m-3,but its really well built and 4 the price i highly recommend!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds good.  What did you mount it to?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:16:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered two of these lights (Z-5) a while ago and was extremely disappointed with the performance.

I mounted one light on a Glock 22 -- the fit to the rail was extremely tight and I spent some time filing/fitting the light on the rail.

I mounted the second light on a Mossberg 590 using a Streamlight mounting adapter. Once again, an extremely tight fight.

On both weapons, the fit was tight enough that considerable force was required to mount both lights, and both hands (and a foot) were required to remove the lights from the rails.

This was not the most disappointing aspect of the lights. Randomly, both of the lights would not activate when the switch was depressed. Usually, a sharp slap was required to get the light to come on. I believe this resulted from a poor fit of the backplate on the light combined with molding flash on the body of the light that prevented the bulb assembly/bezel from completely seating on the body of the light. Because of these manufacturing issues, the electrical contacts were intermittant.

Furthermore, the light would not stay ON under recoil on either the Glock 22 or the Mossberg 590. In fact, on both weapons, the recoil would cause the lights to go off AND NOT COME BACK ON WHEN THE SWITCH WAS DEPRESSED. The remedy to this was to remove the backplate and reseat the batteries.

I compared this behavior to my Streamlight M3 and M6 illuminators and neither of them exhibited either of those characteristics (turning off under recoil, not turning back on).

So, some conclusions:

1. Cheap construction. Poor quality control.
2. Functional issues that could result in severe tactical disadvantage.
3. Bigger than an M3 or X200 so finding holsters is IMPOOSIBLE (outside of custom rigs).

My recommendations: They would work well for airsoft toys, but not for serious fighting weapons. My two units are sitting in a box somewhere if anyone wants them. I'll cut you a hell of a deal!

Jeremy
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#11]
maybe thisproblem has been corrected,i have mounted and fired mine on my glock-19,17 and a 1911 w/o problem.the fit is a little tight,but not excessive.i believe they have a warrenty,did you send yours back?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Nope, I didn't send mine back under warranty. It really didn't seem worth the hassle.

Your mileage may vary, of course; I'm glad to hear that you've tested yours and they work as intended.

Jeremy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top