Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 10:34:21 PM EDT
Based on this thread, I decided to get both; a Surefire flashlight first, and a light to attach later.

My question is: Which model do I want?  Do I want LED or a bright one?  There are just so damn many of them and they all look the same to me.  What do y'all suggest?  Thanks in advance.

Edit to add:  So far, I think I'm sold on the E2e, followed closely by E2d and C2 (which might be a little too big to carry everyday).  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:00:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I carry a C2 everyday along with an extra mag in a pouch designed for such on my left side.  Personally, I like the brightness and true color of the regular bulbs rather than the LEDs.  I use the light with surprising frequency, but have only had to change the batteries once in 2 years.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:17:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I own both and E2D and a E2E. I like the e2d for carrying while unarmed adn the e2e fits into a fobus light/mag holder the e2d will not. I also keep a nitrolon and spare batteries in each car.
    I reccomend one of each of the e2e and e2d.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#3]
first off: i have carried a Inova X03 for almost 6 months (Inova X5 before that)--i carry it everyday; its a tad longer and heavier than the surefire G2 i have on my AR (the beam is consentraed like a spotlight, not a flood like the surefire G2)

second: i will no longer carry Surefire (or anyother bulbed light); i got a NEW G2 just a couple of months ago to carry around, but then one night 2 weeks ago (hardly used, NOT banged around), i turned it on, trying to check under my truck, and the bulb just blew out on me

i did EM surefire and they offered to send me a replacement bulb; although they have great customer service, a great reputation, i cant have a flashlight go out on me like that again

from now on its LEDs for me, and surefire, with thier super-expensive LEDs are not an option (the INOVA XO3 cost me $52 online), and although thier G2 is great for the money, i will not be carrying bulbed lights anymore, so that cuts surefire out for me (until they get LEDs out for cheaper)
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry an E2e. Make sure to get the hard anodized version instead of the satin grey.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an e2e and love it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:06:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
first off: i have carried a Inova X03 for almost 6 months (Inova X5 before that)--i carry it everyday; its a tad longer and heavier than the surefire G2 i have on my AR (the beam is consentraed like a spotlight, not a flood like the surefire G2)

Pardon my ignorance; can any Surefire handlight be mounted on an AR?  If so, is there a wire attachment that fits all models?  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pardon my ignorance; can any Surefire handlight be mounted on an AR?  If so, is there a wire attachment that fits all models?  

Yes you can weapon mount many SF lights, it is recommended that you buy the shock isolated bezel, but I do know of several friends that haven't, so far it hasn't been a problem.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#9]
How are they activated?  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How are they activated?  

you can buy "clickie" tailcaps, or tape switches.  Try emailing Grant at G and R Tactical in the Industry section.  He's a great guy to deal with, very knowledgable, and has great pricing on SF stuff.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes you can weapon mount many SF lights, it is recommended that you buy the shock isolated bezel, but I do know of several friends that haven't, so far it hasn't been a problem.

+1

i have yet to have a problem w/ my surefire G2 (w/ shock isolated bezzel) on my AR for almost a yr of use

check out Brightflashlights in the industry board
i guess if i carry a G2 in my pocket i should have a shock isolated bezel too
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I got a G2 for $26 and holy shit is it bright.  Soon, I think I will be buying E1e and E2d also.  Thanks for the advice, all.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#13]
You can also put a SF KL1 LED head on the e2e. For an LED it is Very Bright and has excellent throw characteristics...and no more bulb worry!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a G2 for the night stand and a 6P for carry.  The 6P is strong enough to be used as a weapon by itself. Plus the 6P has the twist cap and can be used full on.  They're both great and well worth the money.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#15]
The G2 is the greatest little light around.  It's cheap, lightweight, and bright.  I have one in my boat, my wife's car, my truck, my cruiser, and in my backpack at all times.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Anybody have a link for brightflashlights?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#17]
He's in the Industry Forum. Calvin is the man when it comes lights. He'll answer any light '?' you have & send you a quote of what oyur looking for.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You can also put a SF KL1 LED head on the e2e. For an LED it is Very Bright and has excellent throw characteristics...and no more bulb worry!

Or you can get the E2L now and save a few bucks, it comes with the KL1 head. That is what I would go with for an everyday light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top