Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 5:24:11 PM EDT
My employer decided to bend the rules a bit for me as far as carrying goes.  They have a very strict "No Firearms" policy.  This seemed to change last week when two people were shot (one killed, one in critical) not 100 ft from the company's front door.

It must be secured in a vehicle.  I am a welder, so I probably should'nt be carrying while working anyway.  But this allows me to leave and return to my house armed.

My Galco and Milt Sparks holsters require the use of a belt.  I am looking for a quality paddle holster for to/from work and other road trips where holster removal would be ideal.  

Blade-tech maybe?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:24:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Most paddle holsters I've tried weren't worth a sh*t for concealing a pistol. They all seemed to ride kind of floppy. The only exception so far has been a Kramer MSP. The Kramer actually did a pretty good job at pulling the pistol inward concealing the pistol rather than letting it hang outward.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Most paddle holsters I've tried weren't worth a sh*t for concealing a pistol. They all seemed to ride kind of floppy. The only exception so far has been a Kramer MSP. The Kramer actually did a pretty good job at pulling the pistol inward concealing the pistol rather than letting it hang outward.

+1 in that it has the snap loop for an added protection against a grab!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have seen very good results from the Safariland kydex paddle holsters...for paddle holsters...but they are all a compromise. What about constant wear of something like the Galco Jak Slide or Yaqui Slide "bikini" holsters? Without a gun, they do not look like holsters and when you get to the gun you simply holster it. (Or will your welding burn / mess up the holster?)

I never thought of that.  I'll have to look into it.

Not wearing a holster while working has more to do with the bending/twisting I do all the time. Sometimes I'm on my belly, somethimes I'm on my back, sometimes I'm on a side.  Just my pliars alone cause problems sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:05:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a G-code Kydex paddle holster and it's not floppy at all.  I actually prefer it to the belt slide version.  Any of the higher quality Kydex brands should be GTG in a paddle model (Blade-tech, Comp-Tac, G code, etc.)  The belt slide 'bikini' holster idea is a good one also.  Just make sure you have a good, stiff gunbelt.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 on the good gunbelt. I wear a Wilderness Frequent Flyer, but being synthetic it would be a bad choice for you at work. You need leather.

I have a Galco paddle Yaqui Slide that I use with my compact 1911 sometimes, pretty happy with it so far (it is reletively new). I think it'd be ideal for the travel from home-work and back.

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:49:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Galco Full Lenght Paddle ( with thumbreak ) for my Browning HP....VERY SECURE and NON FLOPPY......however.....not exactly the most comfortable when seated in an auto mobile ( YMMV ) for my 1911 I have been using a belt slide Phoenix as of this week and I REALLY like it....very comfy and the pistol just "disappears" against my fat....

One thing about the paddle from Galco...it can be a bitch to get off of your waistline until you break it in and learn the "sweet spot...." for twisting it off.....watch that muzzle

still trying to find an excellent belt for it......
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:15:05 AM EDT
[#8]
If you need a good quality gun belt at good price.  Take a look at www.raftersgunleather.com.  I have several of their belts and the best I have ever owned
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:21:56 AM EDT
[#9]
no paddles
get a good belt
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:03:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I've have three Comp-Tac paddles and I love them.  They're not the best for concealment, but they're easy to put on and take off, they're very stable, and they're also comfortable.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Im not big on Paddles but, I thinks its Desantis that make the NYPAD lined paddles. Pretty decent for the money.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you for all the replies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top