Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Right there with ya....
Thinking RMR 06
View Quote
Good choice, that's what I am running on one of my G19's.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 12:29:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a 508T and a 407CO to compare...but I like them both.
The 407CO seems like it might be a better CCW sight for me as that 8MOA circle is like 2.5" at 25Y and like 0.75" at 7Y.  I find both easy to pick up the dot, but I still think the circle-dot is a little busy (I almost wish it was a 45MOA circle); I may end up seeing if I like just the dot better.

My biggest issue is that I've been spoiled by the low-height, no tint, and no magnification of the SHIELD RMS and RMSc. It's so good to be able to use regular height sights.

The Holosuns are still a little better in tint and magnification than any RMR I've looked through (though I hear they are getting clearer).

I was going to compare the Holosuns and sell the one I didn't like as much--but I've decided to keep them both even though I don't know what I'll do with it (put the 508T on a G19 and maybe mount the 407CO on a G43X).
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I bought a 508T and a 407CO to compare...but I like them both.
The 407CO seems like it might be a better CCW sight for me as that 8MOA circle is like 2.5" at 25Y and like 0.75" at 7Y.  I find both easy to pick up the dot, but I still think the circle-dot is a little busy (I almost wish it was a 45MOA circle); I may end up seeing if I like just the dot better.

My biggest issue is that I've been spoiled by the low-height, no tint, and no magnification of the SHIELD RMS and RMSc. It's so good to be able to use regular height sights.

The Holosuns are still a little better in tint and magnification than any RMR I've looked through (though I hear they are getting clearer).

I was going to compare the Holosuns and sell the one I didn't like as much--but I've decided to keep them both even though I don't know what I'll do with it (put the 508T on a G19 and maybe mount the 407CO on a G43X).
View Quote
You have a photo of the 407CO reticle?  I’m pretty interested in that one.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I just looked around on the net for some
photo's, but I didn't find any listings for 407co.
It may be a rare item. It is just a plain circle
with no tick marks or anything.

FYI

John

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is a rendering from opticsplanet.com. I've seen it in person and this is pretty spot-on.

Link Posted: 11/4/2019 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Ohhh... I like that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just looked around on the net for some
photo's, but I didn't find any listings for 407co.
It may be a rare item. It is just a plain circle
with no tick marks or anything.

FYI

John
View Quote
Botach has the 407c CO
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 1:30:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I am a big fan of Holosun & green reticules and have been waiting for the 508T-GR to come out for the longest time. At SHOT I was told mid 2019, I emailed them around mid 2019 and they said probably end of the year. Happy to see the 508T is taking the abuse no problem from Sage Dynamics. Until then I will run my new RMR06 Type 2 I got for a steal at a pawn shop. I am not even a fan of the RMR with its fisheye effect and unsealed bottom but at $260 OTD and another $10 for a sealing plate I can't complain that much lol.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve had the 508T for about 3 weeks now and I think it’s the best I’ve tried, the versatility of having three reticles, the precision of the 2moa dot, the durability and battery life all have me sold, I’ll try green when they come out.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#10]
no updates on release date of the green?
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Isn't the 508 model dubbed the HE508T?
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.
Maybe we could get the thread title changed?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Update on my situation: I called and checked on the status of my repair/replacement last Friday. Holosun told me they were unable to replicate the issue but they had decided to ship me a new one anyway. I received the replacement 507C today. USPS attempted delivery yesterday but delivery required a signature and nobody was home. Total time was 17 or 18 days, including one holiday. I function tested it and everything appeared normal so I installed it on my G19 MOS. I'm hoping to get it zeroed in the next few days.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I skimmed the thread and apologize if I missed it.  I have a 507c coming from PSA to put on my Glock MOS.  Do the screws that come with the sight work with the Glock plate or do I need to order some?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:21:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I skimmed the thread and apologize if I missed it.  I have a 507c coming from PSA to put on my Glock MOS.  Do the screws that come with the sight work with the Glock plate or do I need to order some?

Thanks
View Quote
I'm not sure to be honest. I think several of the people in this thread used the plate from C&H, which is better than the stock MOS plate, and it includes the proper screws.

http://www.chpws.com/product/holosun-glock-mos-adapter-plate-v3
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#17]
So who has a Black Friday sale on these?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:58:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So who has a Black Friday sale on these?
View Quote
I'm gonna assume everyone will, lol.  I don't know if you're on reddit, but r/gundeals is insane at spending my money.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Palmetto has the 507c on sale today for $254.
Good price.

Link
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Interesting.  I personally think the solar panel thing is stupid and would def rather opt out of that shit if there was a 508t equivalent.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Interesting.  I personally think the solar panel thing is stupid and would def rather opt out of that shit if there was a 508t equivalent.
View Quote
Well the panel works in my experience but it didn’t bother me either way. Only reason I’d be interested in no solar is if it decreases the cost (i have a lot of handguns to outfit with optics ), but I suppose it also decreases the complexity of the circuitry which wouldn’t be a bad thing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, I placed an order for a 407A from PSA.  I’ll compare it to my RMR RM06 when it come in.  I certainly like the price point
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
That’s a really nice price on the 507C. Too bad they charge tax in my state now
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote
Fo’d
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 1:26:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well the panel works in my experience but it didn’t bother me either way. Only reason I’d be interested in no solar is if it decreases the cost (i have a lot of handguns to outfit with optics ), but I suppose it also decreases the complexity of the circuitry which wouldn’t be a bad thing.
View Quote
Exactly.  1 less thing competing for space and (ideally) the ability to focus more on durability.

Btw, I'm curious about thrvshake awake feature and 100k battery life.  If you carry the gun and its "waking up" constantly, what's that do to long term battery life?

Obv it decreases it but by how much is my question
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That’s a really nice price on the 507C. Too bad they charge tax in my state now
View Quote
They COLLECT sales tax in every state that has one.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#29]
I have a question about buying a Safariland holster for a Glock pistol with a Holosun 507 or 508. When specifying what pistol, light, optic, etc. there is no option for the Holosun as Safariland apparently does not support it yet. That being the case has anyone bought a Safariland holster, but selected a different optic (Trijicon RMR, Leupold DPP, etc.)? If so, what did you select and did it work OK with the Holosun?

My pistol setup is a Glock 17 gen 5 milled for the Holosun 507/508 with a Surefire X300U. It also appears you have to select the MOS version of the pistol because if you don't Safariland's system won't allow you to select an optic at all.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Anybody order that 407A?

Not finding much on google or youtube about it.  Genuinely curious how they perform
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anybody order that 407A?

Not finding much on google or youtube about it.  Genuinely curious how they perform
View Quote
I picked up a 407A from PSA.  So far, it works as intended and fits my slide perfectly.  I hope to get out to the range this week or next to zero in in and get some rounds through it.  I’ll update this thread with my thoughts on it then.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote
 I finally got it and the screws that came with it did work with my MOS
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 11:20:39 PM EDT
[#33]
508t. I notice the circle reticle has a slight cant. It is slightly canted counter clockwise.
Anyone else notice this? Holosun said I can mail it to them and they will asses it.
But I don't want to waste my time if it is a non issue.

Link Posted: 12/20/2019 11:49:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
508t. I notice the circle reticle has a slight cant. It is slightly canted counter clockwise.
Anyone else notice this? Holosun said I can mail it to them and they will asses it.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0y5SAK-Oza1RX25RlW2_LY8xw
View Quote
I've noticed the exact same thing with mine. When I called them they told me it can be up to 2 degrees off in either direction and still be within spec. Since I'm in FL and they're in CA I didn't want to ship it across the country for them to tell me it's fine. The guy I talked to said I could email in some pics of the reticle for evaluation. I did and never heard anything back. For the time being I have decided not to worry about it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Trying to delete this reply. :(
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've noticed the exact same thing with mine. When I called them they told me it can be up to 2 degrees off in either direction and still be within spec. Since I'm in FL and they're in CA I didn't want to ship it across the country for them to tell me it's fine. The guy I talked to said I could email in some pics of the reticle for evaluation. I did and never heard anything back. For the time being I have decided not to worry about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for your feedback @fireman325!
I’ve been paralyzed trying to figure out if I should send it back to Optics Planet and have them assess it. Or send to Holosun. Or if I do both I could end up having this optic in the mail for a month and not be using it.
Decided this morning to just use it. Worst case I can send it to Holosun at any time.  Warranty is 10 years on electronics and lifetime on everything else. Holosun seems like a decent company to deal with. I sent them photos. They said to send it in. They would assess, repair, or replace. They also said total turnaround time is 10 days. That’s from the time it is dropped off for shipping to the time it is returned. Pretty fast.
For now....I’m going to put as many rounds down range as I can for the next couple months to be sure I am confident of the reliability of the optic for using this on my EDC.

As long as the cant isn’t indicative of a greater problem I’m fine with it. I don’t use the hash marks for anything anyhow. I may have to medicate my OCD. Haha!  But that’ll be fine.

CircleDot/Manual/8/ShakeAwakeOn/25YdZero/G27/DueckDefense
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Thank you for your feedback @fireman325!
I’ve been paralyzed trying to figure out if I should send it back to Optics Planet and have them assess it. Or send to Holosun. Or if I do both I could end up having this optic in the mail for a month and not be using it.
Decided this morning to just use it. Worst case I can send it to Holosun at any time.  Warranty is 10 years on electronics and lifetime on everything else. Holosun seems like a decent company to deal with. I sent them photos. They said to send it in. They would assess, repair, or replace. They also said total turnaround time is 10 days. That’s from the time it is dropped off for shipping to the time it is returned. Pretty fast.
For now....I’m going to put as many rounds down range as I can for the next couple months to be sure I am confident of the reliability of the optic for using this on my EDC.

As long as the cant isn’t indicative of a greater problem I’m fine with it. I don’t use the hash marks for anything anyhow. I may have to medicate my OCD. Haha!  But that’ll be fine.

CircleDot/Manual/8/ShakeAwakeOn/25YdZero/G27/DueckDefense
View Quote
You're welcome.

With regard to the bold portion above, I have previously sent a 507 in under warranty. The way it works is that the turnaround time can be as fast as 10 business days. Throw weekends in there (which don't count) and you're up to two weeks. Plus holidays are coming up. Since you're in FL like I am, I can pretty much guarantee you won't have it back that fast. As I recall mine took closer to three weeks. That's not to say you shouldn't send it in, and they will take care of you for sure, but it may take a bit longer than you think.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm 2 for 4 in total for dud 507s (reset issues).  With that said let Holosun customer service handle it.  Their turn around time is VERY fast and I have been pleased with the whole Warranty process for their optics.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Very pleased with my 508T, which replaced a RMR Gen 2 RM06 (which I had no problems with).

Much prefer the 508T lack of lens tint, and window size. 800 rounds and going strong. Using dot mode.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 2:36:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
508t. I notice the circle reticle has a slight cant.
View Quote
I've owned like 6-8 Holosun MICROS (mostly the 503GU I think it was), plus a 510c, a 512c, two 507c, a 508T, and a 407CO.

Of all of them, like 3 of the MICROS had canted reticles--drove me nuts. Some were definitely off by more than 2 degrees. Others it was just barely noticeable.

So far, all of my new ones (2018 and 2019 models) have been straight...though NOW I feel the need to check my 508T.  : )
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm 2 for 4 in total for dud 507s (reset issues).  With that said let Holosun customer service handle it.  Their turn around time is VERY fast and I have been pleased with the whole Warranty process for their optics.
View Quote
I thought mine had major issues. When awakened it was not maintaining the previous settings (manual).
It would revert to auto and I felt that was a deal breaker.
As a pdf Fitch before sending it back to Optics Planet I replaced the battery. That resolved everything. Works perfectly now. Except the canted reticle. Which is purely aesthetic.  
I have decided to live with the cant. IMO if I’m staring at the reticle...I’m doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I've owned like 6-8 Holosun MICROS (mostly the 503GU I think it was), plus a 510c, a 512c, two 507c, a 508T, and a 407CO.

Of all of them, like 3 of the MICROS had canted reticles--drove me nuts. Some were definitely off by more than 2 degrees. Others it was just barely noticeable.

So far, all of my new ones (2018 and 2019 models) have been straight...though NOW I feel the need to check my 508T.  : )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
508t. I notice the circle reticle has a slight cant.

My photo is intended to accentuate the cant. This is the photo I sent to Optics Planet. At the time I was upset and wanted my money back.
But...I only paid $274 for the 508 so I really didnt want to give up the savings and pay full price for something else. And after talking to my RMR owning friends I chose to stick with Holosun.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#43]
I have a 508T and haven’t noticed any cant to the reticle. I will check next time I pull it out of the safe tho.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#44]
I had some issues with my 508T yesterday. It started dimming and at one point I couldn’t change reticles or adjust the brightness. On one mag the dot disappeared for one shot and came back. I replaced the battery and it seems to be working. Round count is 950 on an FN 509 Tactical.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I had some issues with my 508T yesterday. It started dimming and at one point I couldn’t change reticles or adjust the brightness. On one mag the dot disappeared for one shot and came back. I replaced the battery and it seems to be working. Round count is 950 on an FN 509 Tactical.
View Quote
Use a Duracell for any slide mounted application.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Similar issue. Went to the range twice so far to play with the 508t. Both times similarly it completely quit working after only a few rounds. Changed battery both times and it came back to life.
I think I’m to blame. I had the site on manual at 7 or 8 brightness. I believe am killing the battery. Started leaving it on auto and practicing my draw in that mode. The reticle is almost too dim in some situations. But is perfect most the time.
I’m going to force myself to leave it on auto.
Hopefully this takes care of the battery issue. Resisted the desire to throw it down range a couple times. Aggravating.
I just need to get used to the auto selected brightnesses.

Does anyone know if the RM06 is brighter in auto?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Similar issue. Went to the range twice so far to play with the 508t. Both times similarly it completely quit working after only a few rounds. Changed battery both times and it came back to life.
I think I’m to blame. I had the site on manual at 7 or 8 brightness. I believe am killing the battery. Started leaving it on auto and practicing my draw in that mode. The reticle is almost too dim in some situations. But is perfect most the time.
Hopefully this takes care of the battery issue. Resisted the desire to throw it down range a couple times. Aggravating.

View Quote
Well that is interesting.  Thank you for sharing
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 10:07:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think the 507 is too dim in auto.  It's like 2-3 clicks too dim.  Whereas I think the RMR's auto adjustment tends to be 1 click too bright.  Personally I'd prefer too bright over too dim.  This is one of my gripes on the 507/8 series.  I carry mine and manually adjust though.  To dive a little further down this - holosun putting the brightness controls on the left side of hte pistol befuddles me.  Most shooters are right handed, and it would be easier to make adjustments if the buttons were on the right side of the optic.  You have to reach behind the holstered pistol to make the adjustments.  For me, that's ok since I'm a lefty and it's actually quite convenient.  Holosun's dot is crisper than my RMR RM06 though, so I tend to leave it on a brighter setting.  The bloom from the brighter setting is not quite as bad on a 3.25 or 6moa RMR, so you can get away with leaving it on the higher settings.

Just some observations after shooting and carrying it for a few months now.  I like mine overall, and will continue to use it, but I still believe the RMR is a better handgun optic at this point.  Might play some musical chairs and swap the dots and their respective guns around.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think the 507 is too dim in auto.  It's like 2-3 clicks too dim.  Whereas I think the RMR's auto adjustment tends to be 1 click too bright.  Personally I'd prefer too bright over too dim.  This is one of my gripes on the 507/8 series.  I carry mine and manually adjust though.  To dive a little further down this - holosun putting the brightness controls on the left side of hte pistol befuddles me.  Most shooters are right handed, and it would be easier to make adjustments if the buttons were on the right side of the optic.  You have to reach behind the holstered pistol to make the adjustments.  For me, that's ok since I'm a lefty and it's actually quite convenient.  Holosun's dot is crisper than my RMR RM06 though, so I tend to leave it on a brighter setting.  The bloom from the brighter setting is not quite as bad on a 3.25 or 6moa RMR, so you can get away with leaving it on the higher settings.

Just some observations after shooting and carrying it for a few months now.  I like mine overall, and will continue to use it, but I still believe the RMR is a better handgun optic at this point.  Might play some musical chairs and swap the dots and their respective guns around.
View Quote
You'd adjust your sights while it's still holstered?   I just ordered my 508t a few days ago and it hasn't even arrived yet so I'll admit to being a complete newb to MRDS but that doesn't seem like a necessity.  If I have to draw in a hurry, I dont have time to play with buttons (in holster or not) and if I have time to hit buttons, whats it matter if the guns holstered vs in hand?  In fact, wouldn't it be better to set it with the gun out so you can see what the dot/circle are doing and how the brightness applies to the actual lighting situation?
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have a question about buying a Safariland holster for a Glock pistol with a Holosun 507 or 508. When specifying what pistol, light, optic, etc. there is no option for the Holosun as Safariland apparently does not support it yet. That being the case has anyone bought a Safariland holster, but selected a different optic (Trijicon RMR, Leupold DPP, etc.)? If so, what did you select and did it work OK with the Holosun?

My pistol setup is a Glock 17 gen 5 milled for the Holosun 507/508 with a Surefire X300U. It also appears you have to select the MOS version of the pistol because if you don't Safariland's system won't allow you to select an optic at all.
View Quote
Anybody?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top