Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2017 10:02:45 AM EDT
I am getting into CO. I am lookimg at the RMR at Cabelas. What is the diiffernce between the cableas RMR and others?

Any other suggestions for a CO optic?

Link to cabelas RMR
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Got a link?  I just see the normal RMRs
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got a link?  I just see the normal RMRs
View Quote
See OP
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The one you linked is a Trijicon RMR.  RMR is Trijicon's model name for their version of a miniature reflex sight.  

Leupold has the Deltapoint, Burris has the Fastfire, Vortex has the Venom, etc.

At my local matches, I see a lot of RMRs and Deltapoints.  Guys says the cheaper ones don't hold up to the battering they receive.  A mini reflex lives a comfortable life on an AR-15 compared to the reciprocating slide of a 9mm pistol.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#4]
No difference, this is a Trijicon RMR.  Discounted 1st generation as 2nd gen is being released.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
  • Dual-illuminated RMR

It's not the led/adjustable led model.  It's like an ACOG. Some people like that and some people don't. My RMR is the 6.5 moa adjustable. I think most of these are triangles and not dots.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
  • Dual-illuminated RMR

It's not the led/adjustable led model.  It's like an ACOG. Some people like that and some people don't. My RMR is the 6.5 moa adjustable. I think most of these are triangles and not dots.
View Quote
Description is confusing.  Says dual illuminated but also clearly says LED, and the drop down selection only lists LED variants.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I use a Vortex Viper for carry optics (not a carry gun) and I would say you'd be hard pressed to beat that for an optic for that specific purpose. I mounted it in January, shoot every weekend and dry fire throughout the week and the battery was dim enough at an outdoor match last weekend to finally get me to change it. Held it's zero even after taking it off to change the battery too, mine has probably seen close to 5000 rounds on an M&P CORE since I mounted it and it always turns on and holds zero. I even whacked it on a wall during a stage last month and it was fine. For carry optics/gaming, I don't think you can beat the value to price of the Viper. Plus the Vortex warranty.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I went with a vortex viper. So far so good. Mounts solid, easy to find the big dot and it's low. My first match with it will be saturday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top