Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2017 2:54:22 PM EDT
Ordered two new holsters for two different guns. I just got these holsters in and I wanted to post my initial impressions of the two different holsters.

First price:

Vedder LightTuck in battleship gray for a Steyr S9A1 (fits my C9A1 as its the same size as the S9A1 besides grip length) $57.99

TR Holsters IWB in blood red for CZ P10C - $54.00 - (normal price $72 used a discount code)

Pics

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Initial impressions:

Vedder - The holster retention was light when it arrived. I tightened it up a bit. Nothing seems to drag and the gun snaps in and out real nice. Height and cant of the holster is adjustable but I haven't made any adjustments. Has a metal belt clip.

TR Holsters - I have some concerns with this holster. There is one part of the holster that is molded in towards the gun right where the cocking serations are. This makes it like drawing a cheese grater in and out.

Attachment Attached File

After just a couple of draws, the holster is being ground down, and I'm concerned there will be rapid wear on the gun in this location. Normally I'd just put some localized heat in that area and bend it out a bit but I think if I do that the clip mounting screw wI'll drag on the gun. That screw is a little too close to gun.

Attachment Attached File

Other than that, the TR holster is nice. I will most likely contact them about this issue and see what they have to say. The cant is adjustable and the belt clip is metal.

Conclusions:

While this really isn't a fair comparison as they are two different guns, I'm more impressed by the Vedder Holster. It probably has the cleanest snap in and draw of the gun of all the holsters I own. I'm not much of a high end holster purchaser (high price), but I would purchase the Vedder again. I may actually order one for a different Steyr I own. Without the discount, I would not order a TR Holster at full price.

I just got these holsters in about an hour ago and if I remember I'll update the thread after carrying them for a while. Hope this little review helps.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck TR Holsters. They want me to heat the rib and squeeze the holster. I told them that I didn't think that would be a viable solution. The piece sticking out, would still be sticking out. I asked for a return label as this is kind of a pricey holster to have to modify. They replied and said no returns. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this TR holster out of NC?
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this TR holster out of NC?
View Quote
Yep. Fuck them.

Had to open a claim with PP to get my money back. I'll still be out the return shipping (they said they couldn't send a return label) but oh well. I'll never order a fucking thing from them again.

ETA: Looks like PP may cover the return shipping from their own pocket.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the heads up OP, will avoid TR in the future. 
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#5]
No experience with the TR, and that sounds like a good thing, but I have the Vedder and like it very much.  My only caveat would be to say to order the clip for a 1-3/4" belt as the clips run tight and I had to get the bigger one to be happy using it on my steel lined Bigfoot gunbelt.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No experience with the TR, and that sounds like a good thing, but I have the Vedder and like it very much.  My only caveat would be to say to order the clip for a 1-3/4" belt as the clips run tight and I had to get the bigger one to be happy using it on my steel lined Bigfoot gunbelt.
View Quote
I really like this Vedder. So far so good with it. I always just wear one of those 5.11 thin nylon 1.5" belts. I fly a lot and those belts work great for that as they have no metal parts and do not set off the detectors.

Just for shits and giggles I dug out an old Wilderness belt that I never wear. It fits that perfectly but I think mine is just a double layered nylon belt with no stiffener.

I'll be getting more Vedder stuff for sure.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a holster from TR and it was for a Glock 17 OWB. The owner when I called him about the fit and the bottom where the pieces meet were separated told me to get a heat gun and move it together where I like it!

I asked him to  take this back and give me a new one. Nope. He was a dick. Told me to heat the holster up myself. F! That guy!
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bought a holster from TR and it was for a Glock 17 OWB. The owner when I called him about the fit and the bottom where the pieces meet were separated told me to get a heat gun and move it together where I like it!

I asked him to  take this back and give me a new one. Nope. He was a dick. Told me to heat the holster up myself. F! That guy!
View Quote
Yep. Fuck him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Titan Concealment, Triton Holsters and Spider Concealment are 3 top notch companies I recommend. All 3 companies use CNC machined molds instead of poured mold guns. This makes for a much cleaner holster and alot less likely to run into stuff like this. Plus all 3 will fix any issues that could possibly pop up instead of suggesting you fix the problems yourself.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:23:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I've had a couple vedder holsters and they are nicely made but I wished they would update they placement on the retention hole to be compatible with the RCS wing claw.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Should have bought some Ravens.

But anyone bitching about wear on a firearm, who is choosing to use Kydex, is an idiot. It just comes with the territory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top