Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2017 9:40:00 AM EDT
Not long ago I bought a Blade Tech IWB holster from Brownells for my M&P's. I liked the fact that it was open bottom because I have both 4" and 5" pistols. However, the holster has a large "sweat guard" (fat roll protector) on it.

When you are drawing the gun, you can't get a firing grip on it because the sweat guard blocks a good portion of the grip. That's a fatal flaw. I would have thought Blade Tech, as many holsters as they have made etc...would know better. I took the stupid fucking thing out to my shop and took the grinder to it, removing enough material so I can get a grip on. Just a poor design, not impressed.....
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been carrying a G23 in a Blade Tech IWB since 1999.
It has the same sweat guard.
It's tapered and doesn't interfere with the grip at all.

The others I've seen, 1911, etc, are the same.

Is there something different with the M&P?

From their website
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been carrying a G23 in a Blade Tech IWB since 1999.
It has the same sweat guard.
It's tapered and doesn't interfere with the grip at all.

The others I've seen, 1911, etc, are the same.

Is there something different with the M&P?

From their website
http://shop.blade-tech.com/images/resized/Nano%20IWB%20Holster%203.png-500x400.png
View Quote
Yea, the M&P (Gen 1) has a deep "duck tail" on it that allows you to get a really high grip on the gun.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yea, the M&P (Gen 1) has a deep "duck tail" on it that allows you to get a really high grip on the gun.
View Quote
You cant get the web of your hand in the right position when holstered?
Even if you can't wrap your thumb?

Interesting.

Kydex of the injection molded model?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You cant get the web of your hand in the right position when holstered?
Even if you can't wrap your thumb?

Interesting.

Kydex of the injection molded model?
View Quote
I believe it's one of their injection molded holsters. Glad to send you a picture if you care.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Post up a picture.  I'd be curious to see the issue myself.  

I have several M&P pistols and have considered at various times a BladeTech holster.  Up until now I have gone a different direction for other reasons, but would be interested to see the technical issue with the BladeTech holster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top