Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2017 3:46:18 PM EDT
i've always had my kydex IWB holsters with the forward 15 degree cant. been oticing that alot of the kydex sellers dont even offer that option.

just wondering if the straight up ones conceal better because it keeps yer butt lower?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Typically, the straight drop IWB holsters are designed for appendix carry.  In this position, I don't think the straight drop is necessarily more or less concealable than a holster with a forward cant, but it is much easier to draw and reholster.

When carried on or behind the hip, a holster with forward cant conceals better in my experience.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
i've always had my kydex IWB holsters with the forward 15 degree cant. been oticing that alot of the kydex sellers dont even offer that option.

just wondering if the straight up ones conceal better because it keeps yer butt lower?
View Quote

I bought all of my leather/kydex Osborn holsters canted, because 2 belt clips. With single clips designs, like the Alessi Talon2,  not a big deal either way. In fact, I like them better because you can cant when you can or want, and not, when you want a better conceal profile.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]
ah, i see...

i carry between 3 and 4 o'clock position and the forward cant does seem to be an easier draw, it that what you meant too?

i only carried appendix for a short period of time and once i went to a glock, i never felt comfy drawing a loaded glock in that position.

i recently picked up a used straight up IWB kydex that had the option for a XC1 light, i just bought it for the light option and actually dont mind it as a 3-4 oclock position.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ah, i see...

i carry between 3 and 4 o'clock position and the forward cant does seem to be an easier draw, it that what you meant too?

i only carried appendix for a short period of time and once i went to a glock, i never felt comfy drawing a loaded glock in that position.

i recently picked up a used straight up IWB kydex that had the option for a XC1 light, i just bought it for the light option and actually dont mind it as a 3-4 oclock position.
View Quote

If that question is for me, I carry at 4, IWB.

Easier? I'm kind of mixed. Canted, it seems easier to find a good grip first try, but it also seems more difficult to clear the concealing clothing. Longer/pointier pull. But the good grip is my first problem and so I prefer canted.

The all-leather, minimalist Alessi though, really opened my eyes to comfort, and the ability to keep the grip close and parallel to my belt for better hide. I also am falling for the ability to change it  due to the single only clip, to a cant when I anticipate a higher likelihood of possibly needing it, eg ATM's, gas stations..
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]
some many holsters, so few pistols....lol

thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry OWB alot and use a zero cant at 3 o'clock. I have tried forward cant and don't like it in that position. To be honest I'd like a few degree rear cant..
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:41:15 AM EDT
[#7]
It is all about body type and position.
I am FAT i find that I conceal best with a forward cant on my 9oclock (left handed).
Once you move rear of that point I think a zero cant holster might be better, but it all depends on the shape of your hips and how your shirts hang off you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top