Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 2:06:27 PM EDT
www.corbon.com/

Just tooling around and looked up corbon and saw these........ I don't have a clue how good they are or had time to look em' up.

Any of you have experience?

Oh yeah, I used to have some .40cal 180gr corbon, but did not see those? They quit making them?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just tooling around and looked up corbon and saw these........ I don't have a clue how good they are or had time to look em' up.
Any of you have experience?
Oh yeah, I used to have some .40cal 180gr corbon, but did not see those? They quit making them?

Cor Bon loads 135,150,165,180gr. loadings for the .40S&W
i like the ideology behind their ammo . . basically there's no such thing as a 'magic bullet'. Thats why they use a premium Nosler or Sierra hollowpoint in many of their loads.

The Powerball cartridge is another attempt at a magic bullet.  Similar to a frangible but with almost standard ballistics.  Generally the frangible loadings are lightweight bullets driven to maximum possible velocity (sometimes even exceeding maximum saami pressures) And usually the frangible loads are not very accurate either.

Don't waste your time with the PB cartridge . . stick to standard weights and loadings and you'll be better off.  Lightweight frangible bullets are limited to frontal unobstructed shots, and will go through walls and domestics unlike as advertised (Glaser - Magsafe)
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
i dont know what that guy jsut said up htere but powerball has a polymer ball in it to help with feeding, in stubborn guns, it also helps the hollow point expand better according to the web site, i dont know anything about a majic bullet
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:13:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Powr'ball is really good ammo.  I used to use it as my main carry load in my G19.  It's basically a hollowpoint but has the polymer ball to aid in feeding and exspansion.  The polymer helps to stop things like clothing from clogging up the bullet nose.  The only reason I stoped using it is because I wanted a heavier load, the Powr'ball was a 100gr +P with velocity just under 1500 fps, these suckers move.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top