Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2003 10:46:04 PM EDT
I have a 629 and I would really like to make a competition gun out of it. Would I be better off selling it and buying 625 or other? thanks for any help you can give.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Just curious, AZGUNNER, did you ever try .44 special loads from that 629?
That may save you any loss in a trade or the cost of the parts to convert it over.
By the time you aquire a .45 barrel and cylinder and installation costs, you may be better off trading, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure it can be done but at a cost of 2 new S&W revolvers in the calibers you are requesting.  To get a custom barrel and cylinder and the labor, the labor is the real killer here. Just buy a S&W model 610 or a 625. The 610 is a 10mm but will shoot .40 S&W and the 625 is a 45ACP.  Trade or sell your 44mag or keep it and shoot 44Spl in it and own 3 great guns. If however you are still interested in converting your 44 give me a call and we can work something out.
Jim
Miossi Gun Works
319 465-1911
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top