Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2002 11:17:44 PM EDT
I am looking to start another project and was wondering if any of you knew the difference in the designs. The Tannery Shop Website lists "GI", "Fancy" and "Finger Groove" versions of the 1911 frames.  I couldn't find any pics and only get a recording on the phone. Has anyone had any experience with Dlask?
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out the forums at www.roderuscustom.tzo.com.

William from Tannery is usually on there as well as some other folks who have bought their castings.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Or you can wait about 1-2 months and get a  steel milled frame from KT Soverign (sp?).
He's already produced and selling a Sig P228 version. The frame is produced by milling both halves of the frame, then he sends them out to be brazed together.  www.kristitool.com

He has just started the process of designing and setting up his CNC mill for the 1911.

William (Tannery Shop) has quite a backlog of orders for his cast 1911's which he is just starting to fill. I don't know how long he expects it to take to clear the backlog.

I picked up one of Kristi's P228 which I'm putting together now. The quality of the work is good, and I like the finger grove he added to the grip.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been lurking at the roderuscustom site for a few months.  I really like the machinery areas.  The Kristitool frames look like they will be pretty good if they look like the Sig frames.  Apparently Wm. at the Tannery Shop is getting caught up because I received a chrome moly frame casting a little over a week from when I sent out the order. I got a "Fancy" frame that has a squared trigger guard with a small hook and has a middle finger support nub as well. I like the look and am building up a "Race Gun" type with a Marvel .22 conversion.

I am going for the middle of the road  as far as the parts go. Even at that, trying to hold down costs, it is expensive. I ordered the frame internals and parts to complete the lower frame on line.  I bought parts from Brownell's, Wilson, and Chip McCormick. The Parts cost $285.10. The frame was $117.  

The Marvel conversion was over $500 with an extra mag and both sight assemblies. It is very very extremely accurate on my Gold Cup frame.

The whole project will have cost twice what I wanted to spend and could comfortably afford, but the machining,fitting polishing and finishing is fun for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top