Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2017 11:13:27 PM EDT
Hey do the mustang pocketlites have any kind of a break in period?  I shot mine for the first time yesterday.  I put about 150 rounds in it.  100 ball and 50 of the hornady custom .380.  

I had 2 failures shooting the hornady.  It looked like a failure to extract that caused a double feed both times.  After the first failure I checked extractor tension and it wouldn’t even hold the round by the rim.  Gun was also a little dirty after 50 rounds of ball but I didn’t clean it.  I tightened up the extractor.  Shot some more ball rounds and everything seemed good.  That also stopped an occasional empty from hitting me in the face.  I put a couple more mags of the hornady through it and I think on the 2nd mag I had my 2nd failure.

Gun was pretty filthy at this point.  The ball ammo was PMC and Remington UMC.  Also, both failures occurred using a 7 round colt mag I bought.  No failures with the 6 round mags that came with it.  I was thinking maybe the mag was to blame but that wouldn’t make sense to me.  

After cleaning I checked extractor tension with some empty cases since I was out of ammo.  The PMC was held firmly as where 2 out of 3 of the hornady cases I picked up.  However, one of the hornady casings would slip in and fall out without the extractor really touching it at all.

Today I picked up some SIG performance hollow points as that’s the only defensive ammo I found when I was out and about.  I put 32 rounds of that through my gun with 16 of those going through my 7 round magazine.  I did a mag dump as fast as I could pull the trigger on one of those as well.  No problems feeding or extracting.  

I am thinking now that I may have had an ammo problem that was aggravated by a dirty gun.  Anyone have any input, opinions, or better yet, any experience to share?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah,,I thought  I had a ammo problem with my Mustang
I even had 5 different boxes/brands/bullet types in my shooting box
I even bought a different magazine(Sig)

I took me a lot of shooting time before I started to realize that the problems were happening on a mix of ammos and magazines

So I did a google search and discovered a extractor problem is quite common and these guns from the Colt factory.
Called Colt and sent pistol back and they repaired extractor problem under warranty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top