Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2017 8:26:32 PM EDT
Like the title says, I am trying to find a gunsmith with a CNC machine who can cut fish gill serrations into a blank smith ready slide for my G19. I don't need it finished or anything else done, just the serrations cut into the slide and that's all. I've called and emailed numourous smiths and no one so far is capable of doing it that I've found.

If anyone knows of a smith who has done this or can do it, please let me know.

Thanks!

Rob
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, maybe a 1911 smith might try it?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmm, maybe a 1911 smith might try it?
View Quote
I've contacted a bunch of smiths and no dice. It seems like a really simple task but apparently not.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've contacted a bunch of smiths and no dice. It seems like a really simple task but apparently not.
View Quote
Tooling to hold the slide might not be common.

Making it adds a bunch of cost.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Tooling to hold the slide might not be common.

Making it adds a bunch of cost.
View Quote
There has to be someone out there who has had this done. As popular as the crescent slide serrations are, I can't possibly be the only person who wants to have a slide milled with them. Is it really that difficult/costly to set up a CNC machine to do this? I've never ran one so I have no clue.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a dremel and I work pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a dremel and I work pretty cheap.
View Quote
How much and how soon can you do it?

Actually, I just spoke with Visionary Machine a few minutes ago and they said that they have a CNC and can do it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#8]
NC Engravers could probably do it... plus you get a sweet video
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
NC Engravers could probably do it... plus you get a sweet video
View Quote
I just tried to call them and they have some goofy voice messaging system that won't let me leave a message. I think I'm gonna stick with Visionary. Thanks for the heads up though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I just tried to call them and they have some goofy voice messaging system that won't let me leave a message. I think I'm gonna stick with Visionary. Thanks for the heads up though.
View Quote
NP, jfyi he operates mostly off of email [email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top