Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good price.  Post pics!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I found a 4" local for $599. I guess I'll be leaving work a little early today.

Good price.  Post pics!

I'm in the club
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Nice!  
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nice!  
View All Quotes

Since I already have 6 other M&P's I went ahead and liberated the frame plugs out of one. Boom, no thumb safety.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Update:

Took the 4" 10mm to the range with both a 22lb and 24lb flat wire Glock 22 spring.

I'm not even going to bother with the 22lb spring.

Even with the 24lb, it shoots, cycles, and locks the slide back with some Federal 40S&W.

It's running all the different ammo types include the 40S&W with the 24lb setup.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Update:

Took the 4" 10mm to the range with both a 22lb and 24lb flat wire Glock 22 spring.

Even with the 24lb, it shoots, cycles, and locks the slide back with some Federal 40S&W.

It's running all the different ammo types include the 40S&W with the 24lb setup.
View Quote

Sounds like you’ve got your spring dialed in.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Update:

View Quote

Same experience here.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update:

I feel like I need to try a 28lb.

Anyone seen one of those anywhere?
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Even though I’ve had zero issues shooting mine with 180gr Underwood, I’m gonna try the 24lbs spring to see how it tames the recoil. I’m currently waiting on my guide rod to arrive.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:42:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Any word on spare mag availability?
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unobtanium for now. Think I saw somebody say one sold on gunbroker for $150
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, right now even the guns are mostly unobtanium.  Seems like everyone who's finding them are doing so at the LGS, where I assume the shipment was pretty small.  

My LGS that I patronize regularly is really, really small, and they don't keep an extensive stock on hand.  I've asked them to let me know if they get one in stock, but they said I'd have my name on a long list

I'm hoping some of the big retailers like PSA get shipments in soon.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My LGS that I patronize regularly is really, really small, and they don't keep an extensive stock on hand.  I've asked them to let me know if they get one in stock, but they said I'd have my name on a long list

I'm hoping some of the big retailers like PSA get shipments in soon.
View Quote

Same, ended up picking one up from the local PSA.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Grabbed mine off GB 2 weeks ago, $36 under list and no CC fees with cheap shipping to boot. I checked every lunch hour and finally one came up that wasn't too rapey. I can't believe how many of the available ones were from N Carolina.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Finally got to shoot mine ~100rd, zero issues with a G20 24lb spring.
Locked on empty regardless of load.
Tried 5 different random factory loads.

For accuracy it HATES some old bulk stuff with plated bullets, forget the brand.
I'm talking shotgun pattern at 10yd.
I started with that and was like "well...crap.."

I switched to a warm Precision One 180gr XTP and got a cloverleaf... Much better.
Remington, AE, Precision One 189gr all grouped well enough.

No real complaints so far but will likely do a little trigger work or replace it with an Apex FSS.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Double tap...
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Good to hear on the P One. I gambled and bought 250 rounds of it. My spring hasn't arrived yet though. May shoot it some tomorrow anyway.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tried 5 different random factory loads. ***
View Quote

Just for clarification ...

Are you saying you dropped in a Glock 20’s  captured 24lb spring and rod in the M&P, or did you put a 24lb spring made for a Glock 20 on the M&P’s factory guide rod?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Are you saying you dropped in a Glock 20’s  captured 24lb spring and rod in the M&P, or did you put a 24lb spring made for a Glock 20 on the M&P’s factory guide rod?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tried 5 different random factory loads. ***

In my case it was a spring for a Glock 22.   Probably quite similar or even identical.    I put that spring on the S&W factory guide rod.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

24lb Glock spring on the M&P guide rod.
Free length is shorter but slide is noticeably stiffer than with the 17lb spring.
Still feeds everything i have it and locked back on empty with everything.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Free length is shorter but slide is noticeably stiffer than with the 17lb spring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, thanks for the follow-up. ... You too Habu36.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 1:11:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm not an M&P guy, never owned one. I have plenty of Hk, Sig, Glock but never really got into S&W other than my revolvers and my first 659.
So the M&P 2.0 4" .45 caught my eye. Then I see the 10mm version. 15 rds in the same size gun. Now I think I need one of these. But I've never had a 10mm.
I can think of a lot of reasons I don't need a 10mm, but I'm having a hard time talking myself out of it.
I understand the benefit of being able to hand load or buy hot loads for it, but for regular defensive factory ammo, does it really do anything the 40SW can't do?

EDITED TO ADD: I've watched a bunch of review videos and I am now less excited about this M&P 10mm, especially the 4" barrel model. Couple red dots sharing off the screws and FTFs in almost every review.
I can't justify dicking around with recoil springs to get a new gun to operate reliably. I'll wait to see if there's a fix later.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#24]
I received my 4.6" 10mm Friday evening from PSA.  I haven't touched a "large frame" M&P since the very first M&P 45s came out years ago.  That gun had an atrocious trigger - had to have been 10+ lbs, gritty, just awful.  I have had a 9mm M&P and still have a pair of Shields, and I know the trigger can be remedied easy enough.  Anyway, I'm a 10mm fanboi so I was immediately interested in this when I heard about it.  Now that I have it in hand, I have a feeling it's going to be my favorite 10mm if it proves to be reliable and accurate (I do not doubt either).  I have 22 and 24 lb Wolff M&P 45 springs on the way for it as well as a Trijicon SRO.  Maybe I got lucky, but the trigger in mine is quite good right out of the box.  It was initially very gritty, but with just a small amount of dry firing it is already MUCH smoother.  The pull weight out of the box is much lighter than any other M&P I've messed with.  It's no Apex, but as of now I don't feel the need to spend money improving it either.  This is my first experience with the 2.0 grip texture, and I am very satisfied.  It's more aggressive than my stippled G19.  If anything it might be a little TOO aggressive, but I would prefer manufacturers to go too aggressive then have to knock the edge off with light sanding vs. being too slippery and having to spend money on more aggressive texturing.  I'm really looking forward to getting this thing to the range this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#25]
I bought a 4” the other day. I noticed one of the pins is sticking out on the left. It has a notch for the slide disassembly lever, so I’m wondering if that’s normal? I tried to push it back in, but it was a no go.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Good luck with the heavier springs in the M&P.  I tried a heavier spring in a G20 to take it easy with heavier loads but it just turned it into a jamomatic.  I use factory weight spring for all loads in a G20 so it runs reliably.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:53:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I got my 4” 2.0 recoil rod and Glock 22 recoil springs in yesterday. Today I shot 100 rounds using the 24lbs spring. 100% reliability and it definitely tamed the slide velocity. I would recommend eye protection getting this thing in the gun though. It can be a pain until you figure out the way that works best for you.

Hopefully S&W or Wolf will come out with a heavier captive style spring/guide rod in the near future……no doubt the factory one is too light for “real” 10mm loads in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:07:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I bought a 4” the other day. I noticed one of the pins is sticking out on the left. It has a notch for the slide disassembly lever, so I’m wondering if that’s normal? I tried to push it back in, but it was a no go.
View Quote

It's normal for that pin to stuck out a bit.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got my 4” 2.0 recoil rod and Glock 22 recoil springs in yesterday. Today I shot 100 rounds using the 24lbs spring. 100% reliability and it definitely tamed the slide velocity. I would recommend eye protection getting this thing in the gun though. It can be a pain until you figure out the way that works best for you.

Hopefully S&W or Wolf will come out with a heavier captive style spring/guide rod in the near future……no doubt the factory one is too light for “real” 10mm loads in my opinion.
View Quote

A captive Wolff unit for the M&Ps would be the simplest solution, but with the option for different weights of springs.

I have the Wolff unit in my G29 and normally run a 22lb spring, but occasionally I’ve installed the 24lb spring for UW ammo or my hotter handloads. No issues or hiccups with either spring weight.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

i never understood that pin. sometimes it's flush, sometimes it's stuck out. i assume it should be stuck out because of the latch on the disassembly lever, but a lot of gunsmiths say to push that pin flush into the frame. from a design perspective, how the pin is shaped(with a little tapering on the end), it seems it should stick out slightly, but then again why didn't they make the pin a little longer in that case so it would stop on the other end?
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

i never understood that pin. sometimes it's flush, sometimes it's stuck out. i assume it should be stuck out because of the latch on the disassembly lever, but a lot of gunsmiths say to push that pin flush into the frame. from a design perspective, how the pin is shaped(with a little tapering on the end), it seems it should stick out slightly, but then again why didn't they make the pin a little longer in that case so it would stop on the other end?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I purchased 3 new M&Ps in the last few months and they all came from the factory with that pin slightly sticking out. Because of that, I put them back the same when reassembling. I'm not sure it even matters though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Sportsman's Whorehouse came through and I got a full sized one coming to my local store the 16th for $540. Now if I could only find some more magazines for it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Has anyone shoot theirs with hardcast ammo with any regularity?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sportsman's Whorehouse...
View Quote

Say what now?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:46:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Has anyone shoot theirs with hardcast ammo with any regularity?
View Quote

I shot some HSM Bear Loads through my 4". Fed just fine and shot surprisingly well.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 3:15:04 AM EDT
[#36]
FYI - Apex forward set kit fits just fine even though they say it won’t.  My guess is they don’t have a 10mm test gun.  My stock trigger was the worst i’ve ever felt in a new gun.  Apex is gtg.

Love my 4” 10mm now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sportsman's Whorehouse came through and I got a full sized one coming to my local store the 16th for $540. Now if I could only find some more magazines for it.
View Quote

How did you manage that price?  My local SW has one but it is $599
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 11:17:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

How did you manage that price?  My local SW has one but it is $599
View Quote

10% off coupon. They send them when you buy guns and sometimes when you sign up for notifications.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#39]
I Bought 3 used M&P 10 round 45 mags, all work perfect without any mods, only hold 14 rounds, but function perfect in my gun.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I put a hundred or so rounds of misc ammo today through mine. No malfunctions. Shot 17 rounds of slow Federal 180gr, 50 rounds of Ammo Inc 180gr, and a couple mags of my hot 180gr hand loads. I’ll try some Buffalo Bore 220gr next time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Today I ordered a 4" from Sportsman's Warehouse for delivery to my store for $589.99 plus tax.  Supposed to be there on 2/22/22 (woah!).

I also have a Holosun 507k-GR on order.  AND thanks to this thread, some of the $10 .45 mags from Aim Surplus to hold me over.  Will also plan to get a 22 and/or 24 lb spring for it.

The new S&W will be joining my S&W 1076, Glock 20, Ruger SR1911, Ruger Blackhawk and a TNW ASR carbine (all 10mm).

Rob
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 12:01:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Today I ordered a 4" from Sportsman's Warehouse for delivery to my store for $589.99 plus tax.  Supposed to be there on 2/22/22 (woah!).

I also have a Holosun 507k-GR on order.  AND thanks to this thread, some of the $10 .45 mags from Aim Surplus to hold me over.  Will also plan to get a 22 and/or 24 lb spring for it.

The new S&W will be joining my S&W 1076, Glock 20, Ruger SR1911, Ruger Blackhawk and a TNW ASR carbine (all 10mm).

Rob
View Quote

Delete that Holosun. Don’t support the Chicoms, Primary Arms has this Trijicon RMR for about $440 with their discount.
https://www.primaryarms.com/trijicon-rmr-type-2-adjustable-led-reflex-sight-3.25-moa
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Rob
View Quote

507K is not the right footprint...
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#44]
I think the CORE system may include the right plate for the Ks. I think!!!

Link Posted: 2/13/2022 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Crap.  I could have sworn I saw people saying they were using the "K" with the this pistol (in this thread and one similar on the SW forum).  I guess it is more suited to a micro pistol than this one.  I'll see if I can get it canceled.  I have other optics-ready pistols and could probably find something to put it on, but at $270 it is a decent chunk for sub-optimal use.

Thanks.

Rob
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#46]
These things are still almost vaporware.  I have heard of none locally, and none of my online notifications have popped.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
These things are still almost vaporware.  I have heard of none locally, and none of my online notifications have popped.
View Quote

I've gotten stock notifications for all of them from Sportsman's Warehouse in the last week or so....
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I've gotten stock notifications for all of them from Sportsman's Warehouse in the last week or so....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They seem to have them, but for almost full MSRP. Gonna have to wait.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Got a bait and switch from PSA, it was an in stock notification but when I opened the email it said your product is not in stock but here's some stuff you might like...
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Got a bait and switch from PSA, it was an in stock notification but when I opened the email it said your product is not in stock but here's some stuff you might like...
View Quote

PSAs in stock notifications are notoriously delayed and if it's something hot you will likely miss it every time.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top